For those Who Haven't Seen AC Yet and Some Questions to Those who Have3,130 Views9 RepliesAdd A Reply
OK, so I will see AC on Saturday but possibly earlier than that if the chance arises this week and, being honest, the wait and having to resist and stay away from discussions etc is killing me . . .
I would imagine I'm not alone?!
Stay strong folks and don't give in . . . lol :)
That said, I have a few questions for those who have seen it and want to say a big thanks to those who have put spoiler free reviews on here - it's much appreciated!
1. Given the amount of footage shown in trailers, did you feel you had seen too much or were you still surprised by events in AC when you saw it?
2. Were questions from Prometheus, such as who, why & what the Engineers answered satisfactorily or if not, at least given clues and set up for future films?
3. Is the origin of the xeno covered and if so, does it seem satisfactory or surprising to you?
As 'hinted at' above . . . I would fully appreciate spoiler free answers but understand I've asked questions that in answering may prove to be difficult to oblige that wish!
If that is the case perhaps leave well alone although I did try to word in reasonably vague and open ended ways so would be grateful for similarly vague responses.
Many thanks to any that want to help and further tease this frantic fan pass the next few days until full revelation :)
Hiya Deep Space, Saw AC on saturday on the biggest IMAX screen in the UK, it was an immersive intense experience!
As to your questions....
1. After seeing AC, I really did feel so much had been given away with the trailers, prologues, still images etc. Obviously Fox have to market the movie, I get that, but so much was shown in the months before release, that things which should have been surprises were just expected and so it lost a bit of the suspense. Fox should've maybe promoted the movie in a more abstract way to try and save large chunks of the movie from losing its initial impact.
2. (Spoiler) Hardly any time was given to even mentioning the Engineers, where they came from, the Engineer ways, technology, etc Maybe its being saved for the next movie, I don't know. Nothing was set up for future movies concerning the Engineers, in my opinion.
3. The origin of the Xeno is partly answered with David's 10 years of experiments. He created some, but we don't know if these are the first ever Xenos or if they existed before on other planets. There was no information about the black goo pathogen, who created it? Is it a naturally occurring substance from somewhere in the universe? Again, these answers might be being held back for a big reveal with the Engineers in the next movie.
Hope this answers your questions and overall AC is a fantastic Sci-Fi horror movie and leaves the door open for the next movie...
1. Both. I felt the trailers showed too much and there were some good surprising elements also.
2. No. None of Prometheus' questions were answered except making it apparent how the black goo vases works when bombarded.
3. Yes its covered. But still there are differing opinions amongst the fans and discussions are going on for that matter, as for whether David created the Xenomorph or re-created the Xenomorph. According to me, David created.
Yes, it was quite satisfactory for me. But just to clarify, that the Ultramorph (the Mural creature in Prometheus) & the Deacon ofcourse existed before the events of Covenant and obviously not created by David who neither create the Neomorph also.
@ JM & FoxC - Many thanks for those replies :)
I'm UK based as well and it's so hard not being able to see the film yet . . .
re 1 - yeah, that's the vibe I'm getting but glad to hear there are some surprises.
2. That's a shame but again, not unexpected. I just hope they follow this up in future. Still, at least more architecture and tech is on display so some tantalizing glimpses if not much more will have to do . . . (methadone as opposed to crack, lol)
3. Glad that point has stirred debate and can't wait to have my own thoughts on it. I do hope it goes down the recreation route though; as you mention FC the deacon and mural were way prior to David being even thought of as a concept so I'm still hanging onto it being more of a recreation.
From what I have seen/read etc so far it seems as if the xeno is not a fixed thing and can have an infinite number of outcomes, if that's the right word? Now that's an idea I think could work well within the franchise both going 'back' and continuing onwards.
Thanks again :)
Thank you Deep Space for starting this and thank you to everyone who responed I too had the same questions Deep space has. I'm Hoping that the Engineers are better explained in the prequel book that's coming out. In my opinion I think it would be better suited because it can get deep in detail with a book and Books are usually better than the big screen as far as opening up your imagination.
@SC -you're welcome! I was beginning to feel like the odd one out ;)
Perhaps we need a therapy or help group to get through these barren days until . . . cue drums, search lights and darkened room ;) lol
I agree, Deep Space. These last couple weeks (in particular the days since it released in other parts of the world on Thursday night/Friday morning-afternoon) have been excruciating. I loved Prometheus but for some reason I don't recall suffering like I am now in the run up to its release.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched Androids blow and finger each other's flutes.
I would not freely admit to looking for Pirated Material i would edit your Topic Phallic Jaw for Legal Reasons.
I cam going to assume, you want honest answers to those Questions and you have to expect some spoilers due to the nature of the Questions... but i will answer them with giving as less away as i can.
1. I would say about 60-70% of scenes had been covered in trailers/tv spots and other official endorsed photos etc, I will add somethings shown in the TV spots etc do not make it to the movie and i think a bit of footage has been cut so the movie can fit within a 2 hour time frame... it looks edited and rushed a bit but not quite to the level of Prometheus Hack Job.
A lot of footage not seen in any trailers, comes from the opening 30-40 minutes of the movie. The ending off course... and parts from the 2nd Act to 3rd.
2. There was a few things mentioned but only basically as they could not just have those who have not seen Prometheus be left wondering ok, so where did this other Robot come from and what was he doing there. I feel its maybe only 30/70 chance we will see much mentioned about them in Future and even less chance we will see them on screen... But we dont 100% know what the next movie will cover and so there is chances we will see or find out more about the Engineers... but at present i feel its kind of unlikely. SADLY.(But things could Change)
3. In the movie its kind of left open, it does not show how they are created, only clues and narrative from David that suggests how these Eggs came to be, and its a bit of a Curve-ball compared to what we would assume say after Prometheus came out... Sadly Ridleys Comments give us more Concrete Idea of the Plans... and for me.. its a bit disappointing. (But things can Change)
R.I.P Sox 01/01/2006 - 11/10/2017
"obviously not created by David who neither create the Neomorph also"
I think its left open, as far as the Neomorphs.... i dont want to go into Spoilers... but its certainly caused by the Event of the Ship and so its less likely indeed David actually Engineered them.
R.I.P Sox 01/01/2006 - 11/10/2017
Thanks BD wait to start getting 'into it' after Sat :)