104 Now OnlineOpen Forums   ❱

Alien: Covenant - Prometheus sequel by Ridley Scott

The Alien: Covenant & Prometheus Movie Community

Watch the Alien: Covenant trailer re-cut like the Prometheus and Alien trailers!

After raking in more than 10 million views on YouTube, the Alien: Covenant trailer is currently the third highest ranked video on the video sharing platform since its December 25th debut. Although many fans applaud the trailer for looking and feeling more like Ridley Scott's original ALIEN, some have voiced opinions that Prometheus had a more intriguing trailer. A couple fans have even taken it upon themselves to re-cut the Alien: Covenant trailer to look and feel like the original Prometheus and ALIEN trailers. Whether you really enjoyed the Alien: Covenant trailer or not, you will most likely agree that the following re-cuts are quite well done.

The first re-cut we have to share was uploaded to YouTube, where the uploader edited the original Covenant trailer to match both the tone and pace of the original Prometheus trailer from back in 2011! Below is the first Prometheus trailer, along with the edited re-cut of the Alien: Covenant trailer.

Another YouTuber, Jose Mellinas also re-cute the Alien: Covenant trailer with the original ALIEN trailer - adding in the chilling Alien siren and removing the original trailer's previous audio. He also shortened the trailer to coincide with the original ALIEN teaser. Check out ALIEN's teaser first and then the re-cut below:

Both are great re-cuts of the already-chilling Alien: Covenant trailer. Although each film, ALIEN, Prometheus and Alien: Covenant have been made in a tonally, different way, it's fun to see how each stack up to one another when compared this way.

Alien: Covenant will aim to blend the claustrophobic horror of ALIEN with the wonderment and mystery of Prometheus, so it makes sens that the trailer would almost come across as the blending of the two itself.

What did you think of the trailer re-cuts? Do you prefer either of them to the original? Let us know your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!

If you're a fan of Alien / Prometheus and would like to discuss Alien: Covenant with other like-minded fans, be sure to join in our Alien: Covenant forum! Ranked the #1 Prometheus forum back in 2012 and hosting a community of over 34,776 members, it's a great place to discuss the upcoming Prometheus sequels, dissect details from every trailer and engage with other fans just like you.

Stay up to date with the latest news on Ridley Scott's Alien: Covenant movie by liking Scified on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, consider subscribing your email to our Alien: Covenant blog for instant notifications of when new posts are made!

Replies

Ryan_CDec-27-2016 11:50 PM

Ha.  I actually like those better.  Nice job

MaterializerDec-28-2016 12:19 AM

Very confronting to see the trailer 'Prometheus style' being so much more appealing.. I cant put my finger on it yet but feel the AC is a bit too explanatory in a way. This new edit is just a whole lot more intriguing .. Dunno..did Scott drop the ball? I mean, I liked the trailer a lot, but is that because we have been waiting so long? After numerous watches I kind of think the trailer is in a way trying to bring up to many things, I also kind of dislike the sort of resting point in the middle where things calm down a bit only to get up to speed again bringing up more clues and stuff.. The more visceral approach of the Prometheus style re-cut is much better at bringing forth a feel that I yearn for.

Sorry Sir..

M

Stan Winston (deceased)Dec-28-2016 4:52 AM

Yes, I am one who feels the original Prometheus trailer is far superior to this first Alien: Covenant trailer. However, the men and women of YouTube sure are skillful artisans! The re-cut Alien: Covenant trailer (in the guise of the first Prometheus trailer) is much more captivating than Fox's attempt -- to my surprise and trepidation (because if the trailer is suboptimal, then what chance the film?)

AortaDec-28-2016 5:35 AM

Lol these cuts are awesome, they're more chaotic and have the classic Alien audio stabs that just give you chills. That said, you can't judge a film by its trailer. That goes both directions.

David 7Dec-28-2016 5:37 AM

Love the recuts.

StarloggerDec-28-2016 5:58 AM

They are both well done, and each have their own merits. Personally, that siren sound edited on top of ANYTHING gives a harrowing chill that just says "Dread cometh" like nothing else.

LoneDec-28-2016 6:06 AM

I can see merit in all of them, though I do think that Nature Boy is kinda perfect because David is the pivotal character.

Everyone's fate is in his creative hands!

A L I E N 4 2 6 Dec-28-2016 8:11 AM

You're a fool if you judge a film based on its trailer. (Transformers, Assassin's Creed, Star Wars Prequels, etc.)

AortaDec-28-2016 9:32 AM

@Lone: I like nature boy too, the icing right on top referencing David.

It's an unusual choice, but only based on its sound, and it does work. A trailer cut to the classic sounds like above would be very different, and I imagine that or something a lot like it will happen later. I really think this trailer was just to get something out there in front of people.

Thoughts_DreamsDec-28-2016 9:55 AM

Alien Covenant re-cut (Prometheus-style) is probably my favorite among those but they are all good but it is not smart to judge a movie based on trailers.

LoneDec-28-2016 9:56 AM

Agreed Aorta!

I believe Covenant is going to contain much much more than Alien horror. This trailer is a very shrewd way of pulling in more viewers!

Thoughts_DreamsDec-28-2016 10:00 AM

Lone: I hope so too but my main concern are the characters. Prometheus was great visually but the characters were mostly so poorly done so it ruined a lot of it. Hopefully they have learned from the mistakes of Prometheus.

LoneDec-28-2016 10:20 AM

I'm actually not too worried about the characters this time round. No Lindelof and new writers = better, well rounded characters....hopefully!

bigbirdjimmyDec-28-2016 10:36 AM

Wow! I really like the prometheus style trailer! I get that they can't use the same music, but it is so much better imo.

Bishop04Dec-28-2016 10:41 AM

Ridley Scott are you seeing this?

Bishop04Dec-28-2016 10:56 AM

Prometheus had a very strong "impact style" trailer, maybe one of the best trailers I've ever seen and I know that I am not the only one who thinks that the trailer turned out to be better than the movie (even though I liked Prometheus).

The first tought after seeing the Covenant trailer was "God how good would it look if it was made in Prometheus style". Actualy the Covenant trailer style suits to my opinion more to the first Prometheus movie than to itself.

Shasta cycloneDec-28-2016 1:48 PM

Recuts rock!

Deep SpaceDec-28-2016 2:51 PM

These are awesome! :)

I like the AC one as it is but either of these would have worked just as well if not better.  Think the Prom style is my favourite.

HemlockDec-28-2016 3:45 PM

No.  The recuts feel childish in a 'scream queens' kind of way.  Horror flick without a center.

The Nature Boy centerpiece grounds the AC trailer in a mystery that is far more interest then screaming extras being chased by monsters. There is a plot line with the character of  David and Weyland Corp that gives this movie a greater maturity then neomorphs alone.  Motivation is everything and the song is the greatest clue to what David has been up to.

BigDaveDec-28-2016 3:53 PM

I loved the Prometheus one... i agree the Nature boy part fits... a perfect trailer would be the Prometheus one.. minus the David eye close up scene.. this should happen at the end of beginning with the Nature boy and show us few more shots of David/Walter then have this at the end... or start before a trailer cut like the Prometheus style one..

I think the AC trailer gave a bit to much of a tease.. it was very aimed at the Alien Elements... Spoiler for Egg, Face Huger and Xeno and tease at maybe what could be the Derelict (or not so)..... but we knew these things Ridley said so.. and the marketing as been full blown aimed at the Xenomorph.

I think this is a tool to Fish and Hook the Alien Fans into watching attempt at a Prometheus sequel to lure in fans who rather pass on a P2 and wait for a A5

dkDec-28-2016 8:45 PM

I liked the original trailer eventhough I thought it gave away too much. The Prometheus trailer essentially showed the whole movie.

LV426QeenDec-29-2016 8:08 AM

I prefer the Prometheus style trailer.  It gave that eerie quality of ALIEN with quicker scene cuts to leave the imagination wanting more, and brought back the excitement I felt in anticipating the release of Prometheus.

Xenowarrior1Dec-29-2016 11:30 AM

Love the re-cuts , I think the alien one is great,eerie and it would really fill me with excitement for the film

TomDec-29-2016 5:11 PM

Here's mine, hopefully you can see it before it gets taken down! haha. I tried to make as few cuts as possible. Basically 3 cuts, added some black, and slowed down the credits at the end...

Alien Covenant Trailer : Disney Edition:

JakeBransonDec-29-2016 7:45 PM

I love both of these trailers, and I completely agree that the siren sound is eerie and alien-atmospheric. The original Alien trailer is a masterpiece by itself...it's still incredibly tense and genuinely scary to me.

For a laugh, check this out...Ripley vs Aliens, Benny Hill style. Couldn't stop laughing at 0:38 :)

Aliens: Benny Hill Style

ZenaODec-30-2016 1:44 AM

Personally I like the original trailer the best. It's a transitional movie and it requires a transitional trailer. It's not Alien and it's not Prometheus. I really want to see something new. The xenomorphs will always have a special place in my heart but we need something new to reinvigorate the story and the engineers and neomorphs are an amazing start.

Chris10anJan-01-2017 3:13 AM

prometheus style was awesome, but we need the original one too with some dialogue.

Seriously?Jan-01-2017 6:20 PM

Although the recuts are cool I love the original trailer much more. Starting off intense easing off to get a feel of what's going on then ending intense made it all the worth while!

NostromoheadJan-04-2017 1:30 PM

Here's another. I personally dont think any of them are as good as the original trailer

Alien: Covenant News Article

Written By Chris
Published: 2016-12-27 22:57:48

38,665 Reads

Welcome to the Alien: Covenant fan website & forum! Don't be a lurker, consider joining our community of like-minded Alien & Prometheus fans. By signing up you can comment on news articles, start your own forum topics, upload images and even win cool prizes! Over 34,776 fans have already signed up!

About Alien: Covenant

Alien: Covenant Movie

Release Date:

May 19th, 2017

Plot Synopsis:

Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in ALIEN with ALIEN: COVENANT, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with PROMETHEUS -- and connects directly to Scott’s 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world -- whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

Latest Alien: Covenant Forum Topics

Mermaid's Purse Egg Cases

0 Replies, Last Post: 2017-08-23 21:56:22

Rumour: Concept work on Alien: Awakening has started

12 Replies, Last Post: 2017-08-23 16:25:53

Engineer Architecture

3 Replies, Last Post: 2017-08-23 22:01:15

watching alien3, couple of questions

13 Replies, Last Post: 2017-08-23 15:38:49

Elizabeth Shaw and the Facehugger

7 Replies, Last Post: 2017-08-23 15:04:22

The Prometheus Novel from Japan

10 Replies, Last Post: 2017-08-23 19:33:36

what is the best human death in the alien franchise?

9 Replies, Last Post: 2017-08-23 14:27:59