Alien: Covenant Neomorph size comparison images and more!

Alien: Covenant Neomorph size comparison images and more!

The recent Alien: Covenant TV spots provided us with some fantastic new shots of the film's new Aliens and a few cutscenes in particular have given us a closer, clearer look at the baby Neomorphs and their size comparison to the Covenant crew. Considering how small the Neomorphs are, it's absolutely terrifying how they can easily overpower a fully grown adult male human with ease.

We were also shown a shot of the baby Neomorph with its tail angled towards one of the Covenant crew members. It's difficult to make out, but it almost looks like there is a small spike on the end of its tail:

Another spot gave us a brief look at an adult Neomorph as it devours another victim. This also tells us that like the Xenomorph, the Neomorphs grow at an alarming rate. Their ferocity and abilities exponentially increase as well.

It will be interesting to see how the Neomorphs stack up to the Xeno/Protomorph. It seems like the Neomorphs are more vicious. Paired with a similar size, they could make for a formidable opponent.

26 Fan responses to Alien: Covenant Neomorph size comparison images and more!

Facehuggers

Apr-19-2017 3:39 PM

Interesting! I can definitely see a medieval touch to these designs, like a demon or gargoyle. Upvoted!

Rick

Apr-19-2017 3:41 PM

Alex Help me understand your Previs Video.

Rick

Apr-19-2017 3:42 PM

Now is it just me or did the neomorph head just blow up in size in the still?

Facehuggers

Apr-19-2017 3:45 PM

...

A L I E N 4 2 6

Apr-19-2017 3:46 PM

Love the design of the adult. I can definitely see some differences between the two as well, one being more "soft" looking, with a rounded head, and a more skin colored look, whereas the other has a more ridged looking structure, is pale white, with a pointed cranium. Can't wait to see these beasties in action!

IRaptus

Apr-19-2017 3:50 PM

Definitely a point on that tail! Looks more of a penetrating spike than the broad mass-damage blade of a Xeno.

We might finally see a venom-tipped 'morph like that was hinted in the Aliens novelization?!

Rick

Apr-19-2017 3:50 PM

Alex,  ok cool....might need to doctor it up with some alex visual effects.

Facehuggers

Apr-19-2017 3:53 PM

...

Blackwinter-witch

Apr-19-2017 4:10 PM

Anyone who doesn't think a small critter can do BIG damage has never tried giving a cat a bath. :D
I like the Neomorphs more and more, they use the original 'Beluga' idea from the original PROMETHEUS script, and they're a new menace, small, fast and ferocious...then they get BIG. :D

JurassicNight

Apr-19-2017 4:16 PM

I love these guys, I really do, but my heart will always be with the Xenomorph. While I don't think there will be that many Xenomorph's in this movie, I'll still be very happy to see one.

Ati

Apr-19-2017 4:42 PM

I think the message still and the Empire image show the same scene:

Ati

Apr-19-2017 4:45 PM

The first A-C trailer and the tv-spot 'Hide' reveal the victim as well if I'm not mistaken:

Tom

Apr-19-2017 4:59 PM

New still of Walter up on avpgalaxy:

his face definitely got got

Apr-19-2017 5:03 PM

Indeed Rosenthal may have been saved by David during the first attack and our first glimpse in trailers of the Neomorph but looks like she finally bites the dust latter.

Its interesting they used the so called Beluga-morph Design as this design Atheistic was used in concepts for the Ultramorph, the Deacon and also Watts (Shaw) C-Section Xenomorph.

I wander if the (as far as we know) TWO Neomorph's look the same of have some differences?  As the Creature we see attacking Rosenthal in those shots in this thread do look lighter and a grey-ish color with a not so wide bulbous head that the Neomorph seen attacking Rosenthal and others in the Grasslands shot, and the one in the Drop Ship, but then they appeared to be more a normal or tanned flesh color.

Although Lighting could very well account for the differences in color.

Apr-19-2017 5:04 PM

This is another image showing Walter's face scar:

Tom

Apr-19-2017 5:19 PM

Corp Hicks at AVPG had the good idea that the newest photo

****SPOILERS AHEAD****

could actually be David pretending to be Walter. I'm personally sure that will happen at some point, just because they have the same actor playing the 2 roles. Why else even do that hah.

Rick

Apr-19-2017 5:32 PM

I think David/Walter forgot how to use a razor and tore their face up pretty good shaving....ha no spoiler there.....j/k'in

Stan Winston (deceased)

Apr-19-2017 5:42 PM

Maybe Walter took inspiration from Scarface the same way David took inspiration from Lawrence of Arabia? I'm serious.

Roger55

Apr-19-2017 11:40 PM

@TOM

Walter capture matchs with original Frankestein [SPOILER?] I m wondering Why?

Apr-20-2017 4:37 AM

Can't wait to see these little critters on big screen.

According to the journalists who saw 15 minutes of the film, first newborn neomorph that bursts out of guy's back,despite its diminutive size easily overpowers woman that was contaminated in a medical room with it (we can pretty much confirm that from the first trailer).

That one screenshot of the neomorph from the TV Spot reminded me of Nemesis from Resident evil.

masatojpn81

Apr-20-2017 4:42 AM

The neomorph in the top image reminds me of "Dren" in the movie called "Splice" which is the hybrid with human DNA.

Seraphis

Apr-20-2017 9:19 AM

@Dark Nebula I'm glad I wasn't the only one that thought of Nemesis but it also reminds me of a goblin shark, which is interesting because goblin sharks' mouths snap forward in a matter of seconds and then retract back hence this appearance. I don't know if I could find it but I saw a video a while back that showed the goblin shark's jaw in action and it reminded me of how the xenomorph's inner jaw "punches", for the lack of a better word, out.

Grinning & Dropping Linen

Apr-20-2017 2:06 PM

I like for the most part of what has been revealed so far that we dont get many long good looks at the neomorph....that way they can hide any CGI by only giving us mostly quick shadowy darty looks at it...similar to the original Alien so that it remains scarier and more frightening, if they have any longer looks at it then they use the practical effects for those scenes.

In any great movie, with creatures, knowing its there but not getting a full look at it or understanding it fully is far scarier than having it front and center.... Jaws & Alien are prime examples...tension and suspense are wonderful, just the hint that the creature may be there carries far more weight than actually showing it to the audience in excess.

TRVPLORDIV

Apr-20-2017 9:11 PM

Does the adult, not have a tail????

Seraphis

Apr-21-2017 9:39 AM

@TRVPLORDIV It might not but in the lower right corner of the fifth picture it looks as if the tail is wrapped around the leg of the victim.

Apr-21-2017 9:55 AM

The neomorph physiology was indeed inspired by Goblin shark.

And Goblin sharks also have semi-translucent skin.

Even tho Goblin shark's mouth is more designed for trapping its prey rather than chewing it.

The way the neomorph's mouth extends I bet that a person's head could fit in its mouth and get crushed or ripped off.

I don't really see victim's head here in this image.

I also heard something that Neomorphs can shoot the spikes that they have on their spikes,which I find silly.