152 Now OnlineOpen Forums   ❱

Alien: Covenant - Prometheus sequel by Ridley Scott

The Alien: Covenant & Prometheus Movie Community

Alien: Covenant IMAX Featurette Released!

Alien: Covenant IMAX Featurette Released!

Alien: Covenant is meant to be viewed in IMAX this May, just listen to Ridley Scott! A new featurette promoting the IMAX theater experience for Alien: Covenant has been released. Although no new footage is shown, there is some new, creepy audio and we also get the infamous return of that iconic "Alien siren" sound from the 1979 original trailer and Prometheus' trailers! The video also ends with a green overlay of the original Derelict spacecraft from Alien, on LV-426. Was it deliberate? Does it have any bearing on the plot of Alien: Covenant? We're not sure. Check it out below:

If you're a fan of Alien / Prometheus and would like to discuss Alien: Covenant with other like-minded fans, be sure to join in our Alien: Covenant forum! Ranked the #1 Prometheus forum back in 2012 and hosting a community of over 34,066 members, it's a great place to discuss the upcoming Prometheus sequels, dissect details from every trailer and engage with other fans just like you.

Stay up to date with the latest news on Ridley Scott's Alien: Covenant movie by liking Scified on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, consider subscribing your email to our Alien: Covenant blog for instant notifications of when new posts are made!

Replies

Facehuggers!Apr-07-2017 3:14 PM

Wow, its amazing how far we've gone since the times when fan prediction trailers were being made! I'm so excited!

ChrisApr-07-2017 3:28 PM

Indeed, we've come a very long way! Lots more to come too...

Ranting XenoApr-07-2017 4:00 PM

Hell yes! IMAX is a must for this one. Just when I start to remember life is ongoing before May 12th....this comes along. #Nerdgasm

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sᴉ ǝɯɐuɹǝs∩Apr-07-2017 4:08 PM

I have to drive 1 hour to get to the closest IMAX theater :(

At least it's getting released here May 10th!

salomonjApr-07-2017 4:21 PM

So should I view this IMAX? I live next to a Regal Cinemas 16 screen with a IMAX, is that a good screen or nah? would it be bad to view in regular 2d? I don't know that much about the difference, if I were to view it in regular would they have to cut off the sides in order to view it in that sized theater? Thanks

Blackwinter-witchApr-07-2017 4:33 PM

I LOVE the style of this trailer, it's Truly 'ALIEN' in feel and the 'siren' sound!!

KingKaijuGojiraApr-07-2017 4:39 PM

I cannot wait. IMAX makes everything better. Now if only we can get IMAX 3D

ChrisApr-07-2017 6:53 PM

@Blackwinter-witch, right?! I've been waiting for them to use that since the first trailer! Hahaha

And yes to the rest asking, IMAX I've found is way more immersive. Louder, bigger, all around better. I really enjoy loud films though so if you're sensitive to that or don't like your seat to shake then I'd probably say avoid it hahaha but for the most part IMAX is a winner for seeing films.

Roger55Apr-07-2017 7:30 PM

Wow! i never heard such screaming sound! where does this come from? they are no human. LOL

salomonjApr-07-2017 8:29 PM

@ Chris

You've convince me see IMAX for the first time!

I have just one concern I hope you might have the answer to; I read online that watching IMAX films such as Christopher Nolan's INtersteller and The Dark Knight constantly had the film size change in many scenes from the IMAX widescreen, to the standard 35mm screen which I hear was really annoying. Will A:C do this at all? Thanks a ton!

Blackwinter-witchApr-07-2017 8:35 PM

I've been MISSING the iconic 'siren' in the trailers...it just....I dunno...makes the trailers more 'real', y'know?

ArachonApr-07-2017 11:04 PM

In this featurette you can now clearly see David together with the other guy in the egg room getting facehugged.

This scene was already known and described by people that saw that scene at a private trailer/clip screening or as they were visting the set...cant remember what it was.

Blackwinter-witchApr-07-2017 11:13 PM

The shots of the Derelict at the end...pretty sure that was just some footage from ALIEN thrown in at the end, for flavour, look at the rock formations and other details, and pretty sure it was taken from the part where Dallas, Kane and Lambert have seen it and are making their way towards it.

Still, a nice touch :)

LoneApr-08-2017 3:07 AM

No IMAX cinemas anywhere near me...as yet :(

Getting goosebumps hearing Ridley talk about A:C!!

Yes, the Derelict image is taken from when Ash views it on his monitor, with the picture breaking up..."Shit...I'm going back to the console"

Blackwinter-witchApr-08-2017 3:09 AM

Lone

Same for me, I'll be missing out on the IMAX experience as well.

and ditto hearing him talk about it!!!

LoneApr-08-2017 3:21 AM

B-W I'll take A:C in any format, just glad I'm around for it! :)

ps Doesn't Ridley look amazing at 79 years young?!!

Blackwinter-witchApr-08-2017 3:27 AM

Lone

Same here, I'll be just fine with a normal theatre, or even catching it at home, just so long as I get to see it! :)

Neomorph Apr-08-2017 5:11 AM

Doesn't Ridley look amazing at 79 years young?!!

Yeah Lone he's certainly fit for being 79 years old.

Regular ParrotApr-08-2017 6:02 AM

Wow! Bring it on.  I just got a little alien in my trousers.  Typing this right now, while watching IFC cable channel in the US is running an Alien marathon... all four Alien movies.  Brett just got head bit!!   OOOhhhhhh I am so excited.

Blackwinter-witchApr-08-2017 6:07 AM

only 40 more nightmare-filled sleeps (or dreams if you consider the fan-base) until it's time enoy!

BigDaveApr-10-2017 6:26 AM

I think there is a few IMAX near me but the Prices compared to my usual place i go to watch movies (My local Odeon) are massive I watched Star Wars Rogue One in 3D and it cost me £7.25 included Glasses, and the nearest IMAX with 3D would have been double that cost.

CentauriApr-13-2017 10:12 AM

o goody goody~!

KadiApr-16-2017 10:03 AM

seems like only the 2d will be available in the UK =(

Alien: Covenant News Article

Written By Chris
Published: 2017-04-07 15:09:45

51,743 Reads

Welcome to the Alien: Covenant fan website & forum! Don't be a lurker, consider joining our community of like-minded Alien & Prometheus fans. By signing up you can comment on news articles, start your own forum topics, upload images and even win cool prizes! Over 34,066 fans have already signed up!

About Alien: Covenant

Alien: Covenant Movie

Release Date:

May 19th, 2017

Plot Synopsis:

Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in ALIEN with ALIEN: COVENANT, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with PROMETHEUS -- and connects directly to Scott’s 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world -- whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

Latest Alien: Covenant Forum Topics

Alien: Infernum (Part 2)

4 Replies, Last Post: 2017-06-22 18:27:48

more alien 5 concept art.

0 Replies, Last Post: 2017-06-22 16:47:11

Was Space Jockey face hugged?

9 Replies, Last Post: 2017-06-22 16:42:14

Ridley Scott Quotes on his Alien Movies

21 Replies, Last Post: 2017-06-22 17:07:57

In light of Ridleys comments about the return of the Engineers

20 Replies, Last Post: 2017-06-22 18:26:25

Synopsis for Olethros (My upcoming Alien-verse fan fic)

8 Replies, Last Post: 2017-06-22 16:28:33

Alien Covenant Hidden After Credits Scene with Walter!!!

14 Replies, Last Post: 2017-06-22 07:34:58