So I am ranking all the Alien movies1,427 Views3 RepliesAdd A Reply
My list will be below this comment and you can also rank them in the replies.I will be ranking then from worst to best from 6 to 1.Not including AVP.
I felt like it ruined the whole Ripley character and instead of horror or anything it else it's just "COMEDY"
Trash movie,went out of the theaters with a dislike like bruh,it messes up most of the lore im my opinion,the CGI is kinda bad if it's not the Protomorph or Neomorph.
Good movie,enjoyed it but i find it very lacking in practical effects and the infectees look like zombies which does not work for the franchise itself.
It's really good and the Runner Alien is a great addition to the franchise,some of the characters are memorable and the ending scene is very well done with Ripley sacrificing herself.
Classic and amazing movie,the best horror movie as i might say,all of the characters are memorable,amazing effects,Xeno was to scary for 7 yr old me,and Jonesy the cat is perfect.
This is what's called a perfect sequel,just as good or better than the 1st movie,it has really good action scenes,the Xenos are just as scary as they were before,the Queen is way scarier than the usual Xeno's,memorable quotes like "Game over man!Game over!" or "Get away from her you *****!",enjoyed this movie so much.
I love this franchise so:
Alien: love this one to death. I would say it is in my top 10/20 of all time
Aliens: Loved it though since I liked the quieter original this has to go 2nd.
Prometheus: People love to hate on it but I love this film. the music is great, the plot is good and the visuals are awesome. I get the complaints around this one, but I don't care the movie would've played out the same. I like them building on the backstory.
Covenant: This one is weird. I like it but I think less than Prometheus which bummed me out a bit. At the same time it sort of let me know that it had become a trilogy about David. I know people don't care but the possible sequel to this movie is one of my most anticipated films. The way it ended I hope it set up some full planet horror hunger games deal and end David in style. I've thought about this too much lol
Alien 3: I hate this one. The ending sequence is I think iconic and it has a lot of other stuff that is visually iconic, but I just don't like it. It is a tie between Resurrection. I like this one's story a bit more.
Alien Resurrection: I saw this one as a kid and I think it was my first theater Alien film or at least the one I recall going to. I like the director a lot and the style of this movie though the story is too cheesy for me to care. I still rewatch it.
I don't know why but I personally like Alien 3. I like to see David Fincher's touch in canon.
I will do mine 1-6
1) ALIEN: (9/10) such a Classic, Hard to Fault the Movie at all, it Offered us a Aesthetically Unique Monster and Life-Cycle, As i got OLDER then i was always drawn to the Derelict/Space Jockey (my Favorite Scene of the Franchise) and Wondering WHO was they?
2) Prometheus: (7/10) The Prequel that had Great Premise i think Visually it was Very Good the Soundtrack too, the PLOT and what it SET-UP.... it was the Mystery and what DOORS that could be Unlocked that made this Movie interesting. In Spite of some Flawed Characters, and a Disappointment and NOT enough of a Connection to ALIEN in terms of Monsters, taking away TOXIC AVENGER Fifield and ANGRY BOB the Engineers... Then the ONLY kind of ALIEN Horror/Death we saw as Milburns Space Cobra Petting, and the Engineer getting Face Hugged/Chest Busted... But there was POTENTIAL in the Plot.
3) ALIENS: (7/10) This was Great when i was Younger, but as i got Older it became Popcorn Fun, but it the PERFECT Popcorn Space/Horror/Action. To be fair its HARD to Fault but it lacked that Intrigue that ALIEN had.
4) ALIEN 3 (6/10) I used to think this was a Disappointment when i was younger, but as Aliens became more Popcorn with Age, then Alien 3 grew on me. I think the ALIEN Effects (in Part) was a Step-down from the Previous Installments it gave a Fitting End to the Saga of Ripley.... a Big Disappointment was so WHERE do we go NOW? I think had Hicks Survived then the ENDING would have worked better as we would FEEL his LOSS and then you could see he would VOW to NEVER let this Happen Again (Company get a Xenomorph and Ripleys Sacrifice be in Vain) and so the Torch could have been Passed.
5/6 i cant Decide....
5) ALIEN COVENANT: (4/10) I Felt this was NOT the Best way to have Continued with the Prequels but i UNDERSTAND as to WHY it was made, i actually GET the idea of the Creator Plot, i just think it threw away the Engineers and Dr Shaw under the Bus so we can introduce more HUMANS.. the Characters i could not Connect with much, the Movie just had so much to FIT in a Short Space so Short Cuts where Made and we NEVER had enough Screen Time for the Xenomorph and so it was RUSHED. It was Interesting to see the Engineers World, while we NEVER saw enough, it left me with some Mystery and Questions. I also felt the was Potential Still but that such Potential would NOT sit well with many so its Disappointing we may NEVER know what Happens Next.
6) Alien Resurrection: (4/10) I was Disappointed with this Movie it was kinda like a Run out of Ideas/Panic... how do we get Ripley back in a PLOT that made Little Sense in Execution (Clone that would Carry a Embryo). It was not Scary at all, the Action was Popcorn and Comical at times... It was Call and WHO the Autons are that Interested me, and WHAT the HELL had became of Earth. But also the Potential in Ripley 8 DNA if the Company could Capture her, but also Potential in Hybrid Xenomorph DNA and its Applications..
R.I.P Sox 01/01/2006 - 11/10/2017