what i think alien covenant should have been in detail2,283 Views10 RepliesAdd A Reply
I have done a post about what i think about what i think alien covenant should have been, this post is the same but just in some more detail.
Sorry didnt realise how long this would be lol.
1) the film opens with at the end of prometheus, david and dr shaw are in the engineers ship preparing to take off, david asks shaw if she is still certain she wants to go to paradise, as the prometheus engineers had been the for so long it was uncertain what paradise would be now. On route to paradise shaw and david explore the engineers ship.
2) the next scene opens with the the engineer ship entering paradise atmosphere, its dark and cold looking planet, as they fly over the engineers city its clear it has been abandoned for some time, looks like it is in ruins, other engineer ships crashed and lying about.
3) david find out the city was abandoned and only a smallh number of engineers managed to leave, its unclear why or how but the black goo managed to evolve quick enough to create the first xenomphs, while they explore the city shaw feel lost now she thinks the engineers are gone and her questions still needing answered.
4) david and shaw come across a lone engineer, the last of his kind, he reveals to david that he was one of the few who escaped but their ship crashed further out of the city and he is the only one left now, he also reveals that the xenomphs evolved very quickly and took over the city, he also reveals the xenomphs are still alive and are hidden inside the buildings, leaving david and shaw returning to their ship to leave.
5) a loud sound in heard in the thick clouds when the covenant ship appears, this noise awakenings the aliens and a race to the covenant ship begins between shaw/david and the aliens, once onboard shaw has limited time to explain to the covenant crew the danger and begs them to leave.
6) during mid take off the covenant crew are attack by the xenomphs and the pilots are killed which causes the covenant ship to crash in the heart of the city, the destruction and explosion kills most of the aliens and covenant crew, shaw and david manage to escape and get to a safe distant to recover.
7) while resting shaw trie to understand how the aliens got inside the covenant ship, while david is taking shaw see david seems to be pleased / proud of what happened which leads to an argument where david reveals he didnt close the entrance to the covenant on purpose, a intense fight starts which shaw seems to be winning but david end up being the winner.
8) after the fight with shaw, david rejoins the lone engineer who tells david about the alien nest and his plans to go ahead and kill everything on earth, david helps place the eggs on the engineers ship which takes some time, as he is a robot the eggs dont respond to him or open up, when finished the engineer takes off thinking david has stayed behind.
9) while the engineer ship is on course to earth david has been hiding in the background off the ship, he places and egg near the engineer while in the pilot chair and the engineer is attacked, this causes the ship to crash on LV 424, when the chest buster is born it is injured by the engineers body suit and later dies near the chair, it has been bleading and later go through the floor creating a small hole to the nest room below.
10) David activates the ships beacon hoping to get more hosts for the xenomphs eggs, he waits many years before the 1979 nostromo picks up the signal, he watches in the background as he sees kane being attacked by a facehugger and the nostromo crew taking him back to their ship, the flim closes with david watching the nostromo leave LV 424 knowing what will happen and thats where 1979 alien movie continues.
The movie I saw. It was perfect.
"The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts."
It's a really good storyline and leads perfectly into 1979's Alien. Like it.
I like some of those ideas.... i think some of it may be similar to what was originally planned... the part before the Covenant arrives and so your ideas would have fitted nicely with a Prequel to Alien Covenant to explain the events that happened after David and Shaw arrived instead of Bombarding the Engineers.
The last part of you idea, i think again would fit nicely with a AC Sequel.
R.I.P Sox 01/01/2006 - 11/10/2017
I like it, although I'd rather have the original Space Jokey always remain a mystery. Therefore not needing a "last surviving Engineer". It would keep the unkown atmosphere intact . But traveling to their worlds and realizing the xenomorphs have already wiped them out would be more the road I'd travel down.
Having the humans / David always looking for answers but looking behind their backs for the "bad guys" to keep the audience on the edge of their seats....
For my version, I'd use the framework of your story and add the elements I mentioned above.
It's a shame that Ridley, FOX, and the long time Alien fans couldn't all brainstorm like this....
One of the mains things I liked about Alien was the whole mystery about the engineer pilot and the ship, it had a horror creepy vribe to it
I like what they did with Alien Covenant for the most part. I am not a fan of the idea that you give Shaw a lot of space since it could do better without her but if you give her a very reduced role (compare it to Ford in Prometheus) then I could accept that.
A thing that seems strange to me is this: If David placed the egg that created the Xeno that killed the SJ then why don’t we see David in the 1979 movie?
Prometheus and Covenant should not even exist, and instead what we SHOULD have gotten was the original concept of Alien: Engineers, set on LV-426 with the Ultramorph and the bedroom chestburster scene! Hopefully future films will just ignore the prequel series as being part of Ridley's "Blade-Runner/Alien" crossover universe/canon.
I can understand how you feel about dr shaw, you either like her or you dont but i personally dont like it when sequels change or cut out lead characters without any proper info or reason, so hopfully ridley scott doesnt kill of daniels before alien covenant sequel come out if it even gets made
With David i just imagine him staying in the back ground of the 1979 alien scene inside the engineers ship,
Kinda like in the 1979 alien you dont see him but in the prequel we would find out he was there the whole time during that scene
I enjoyed Covenant but these are some really good ideas. Shaw's lack of a role was a little disappointing and I agree with you, I really hope they don't do the same thing to Daniels.
I love the idea that David was behind the scenes even in the 1979 Alien.