Alien Awakening - Story & Ideas7,924 Views11 RepliesAdd A Reply
After watching Alien Covenant (Which I personally loved) I was left thinking 'How on earth are they going to tie this into the original Alien film?'. Despite the optimism of Ridley Scott saying that he will be making Alien Awakening within the next 14 months, I am concerned that due to the underwhelming box office takings so far that we may be waiting a lot longer to see how this story links up with Scott's 1979 classic.
So, in the meantime I have been thinking of a story which would neatly fit between the end of Covenant and the beginning of Alien. Here are the main story points and ideas I have came up with... (Apologies if any ideas here have been thought up by others already)
- The year 2105. The Covenant is en-route to Origae 6.
- While Daniels and Tennessee are in cryosleep David uses the other colonists as hosts for Xenomorphs from the two Facehugger embryos. He did not have much of a chance to study the creatures before they were destroyed at the end of Alien Covenant, so he decided to wake up a few colonists and see what happens.
-David studies the Xeno's, fascinated as they begin to create a hive on the ship. The Xeno's begin to egg-morph their colonist victims. Despite the 7 year trip to Origae 6 David sees this process as time consuming and something which could be improved.
- He takes inspiration from an ant colony and decides that for the Xeno's to be a truly perfect organism he needs to create an alien capable of producing aliens. A queen.
- MUTHUR identifies an asteroid field in the vicinity, but David fails to move the Covenant out of the way in time. Asteroids destroy the Covenant's engines and send it floating through space.
16 Years Later...
- David realises the only way he can continue his mission is if he sends an SOS to Weyland Yutani and he tells them all about the Xenomorph, its lifecycle and its potential. He awaits a response. At this point the Covenant has drifted into orbit around a certain moon known as LV426.
- MUTHUR alerts David to a signal which has been received from LV426, a signal which to David sounds Engineer like. He scans the moon using the technology on board and finds a familiar horseshoe shaped object on the moon's surface. David's face lights up and he realises there is a Juggernaut on the moon below him, and that means more vials of black goo.
- Weyland Yutani finally respond to David's SOS message. WY realise how important this alien could be for their weapons program and tell David that the USCSS Nostromo is soon to be leaving Thedus. They will replace its science officer with a fellow synthetic he can trust, then the Nostromo will tow the Covenant back to Earth.
- The company think David/Walter is helping them secure an important Alien for their weapons programme, but David has a different motive. He wants to take the Xenomorphs back to earth and unleash them like a plague.
- David takes the cargo lander down to the surface of LV426.
- While David is on LV426 a deep space salvage crew finds the Covenant damaged and floating in orbit around the moon. They decide to take a closer look in the hope that they could be looking at a fortune in salvage.
- The crew of the salvage ship enter the covenant and wake up Daniels and Tennessee. Daniels enters an immediate panic and explains everything to the new crew.
- Some of the salvage crew who are checking the rest of the Covenant unwillingly release David's Xenomorphs into the rest of the ship and chaos ensues. The salvage ship disconnects and keeps its distance from the Covenant so it does not get overrun with Xeno's. The crew frantically battle the Xeno's and try to clear the ship them so the Salvage ship will re-dock and help them escape.
- Back on LV426 David finds the derelict Juggernaut and enters. Inside he finds hundreds of vials of black goo, some of which he collects in a bag, and various dead engineers who look like they've been there for a couple of thousand years. He also finds a dead Xeno like creature among the engineer corpses.
- David enters the ****pit and finds an Elder Engineer in a cryostasis pod, the only survivor. He opens the pod and speaks to the Elder who greets him with much less hostility than the last time he tried this.
- The engineer explains to David that he was part of the collective on LV223 who created the black goo. He tells him that there was an outbreak on LV223 and they had to abandon the facility 2000 years ago. However, a creature spawned from the black goo (Similar to something from the Mural) has got on board their ship as they evacuated. It killed everyone on board and the ship crashed here on LV426. The elder engineer knowing he was the last one alive sent out a distress beacon and went into cryostasis to await rescue, though it never came.
- Back on the Covenant Daniels, Tennessee and the salvage crew manage to kill the Xeno's. However, one of the salvage crew gets facehugged. Just before they dock with the salvage ship David returns to the Covenant. He does not get a warm welcome from Daniels who insists the crew kill him.
- David tells the crew he can help their facehugged friend, to which Daniels strongly objects. The crew, however don't know the extent of David's evil and allow him to help. David manages to remove the facehugger but injects the crew member with the black goo which rapidly accelerates the Xeno foetus inside.
- A hideously deformed Xeno which is stronger than any before it bursts from the host and goes berserk, killing various crew members. Tenessee and the surviving captain of the salvage crew escape and decide to use the self destruct to destroy the Covenant. Daniels is separated from them.
- David uses the black goo to finally create his Queen Xenomorph as an embryo. Which he swallows for safe keeping. Daniels finds David in his lab and after a final exchange of words shoots off part of his head, leaving him for dead.
- With the self destruct activated Daniels meets back up with Tennessee and the salvage captain who have temporarily trapped the mutant Xeno. They quickly re-dock with the salvage ship and safely blast off into space.
- As the self destruct counts down, David awakens and once again takes the cargo lander back down to LV426.
- Inside the derelict we see that David has killed the Elder Engineer and sits down inside the ****pit. He says a few last words, his voice malfunctioning as he is so badly damaged. He knows he will soon go offline so he reactivates the Elder Engineers distress signal and drinks a vial of black goo, then closes the ****pit exoskeleton.
- Soon after a Xenomorph Queen bursts from the ****pit exoskeleton, it screams as it runs off into the derelict to begin its hive.
- 10 months later the crew of the Nostromo are awoken early after MUTHUR picks up the distress signal from LV426
So, what do you guys think about my ideas for Alien Awakening? Please let me know if there are any other loose ends that need tied up which I am forgetting about, or if any of the ideas I have produced make no sense haha.
Thanks for any replies & feedback.
Sign me up. When do tickets go on sale?
There are some good ideas there for sure...
I think its nice you try to tackle having the Derelict Ancient while also allowing for the Xenomorph to be evolved from the experiments David had conducted on Paradise.
There are a few flaws...
*I would think such a blow to David's Head would incapacitate him. Maybe he gets shot or wounded elsewhere.
*Origae-6 is indeed 7 years approximately from Paradise but its likely the Covenant had traveled at least 1.5-2 years before they had to Re-charge which then brings in the Neutrino Blast. And so i think its safe to assume Origae-6 is 8-9 years at least away from our Solar System and so i think its much further away than LV-426
But some good ideas, and while i think David will likely go to LV-223, if this is to tie in with Alien, the other option is like a 7 year journey to Origae-6 and then by Chance discovering it is a Engineer World where David can obtain a Engineer Ship.
I think this would be a bit to much of a Coincidence... the other options are Paradise has other Engineer Ships that Walter uses but again why does David not use them?
Or that the Scorpion Ship leaves but returns with Engineers 10 years latter to discover Walter and find out what Davids plans are and then they some how then decide to follow where he was going.
This late point, seems more valid... but then it would require Walter to had survived and to communicate with the Engineers/Elders and inform them of Origae-6 location.
The only other option is indeed David spends 7 years to Origae-6 then however long there and then another 7 years or more to LV-223. But then if David uses the Colonist to Create the Eggs, then why go to Origae-6 and then back.. he could just experiment on the Covenant.
R.I.P Sox 01/01/2006 - 11/10/2017
I do think also the movie is left at a odd ends.. because Daniels knows about David.... so he would need to get rid of her...
But we can explore a idea... as i would have it that David indeed conducts some experiments on a separate part of the ship turning part of it into a Hadleys Hope on the Covenant.
David would re-program MUTHUR maybe.. so as that he can contain this Hive.... and then he would awaken Tennessee and inform him they have arrived at Origae-6 and then he and Walter (David) awaken Daniels and Tennessee says we have arrived at our New Home, we can build your Cabin on the Lake... and Daniels remembers and says where is David... before Tennessee says he is gone and is not a threat no more... She then relaxes as David enters and she freaks out saying Oh God no... David.... Tennessee tries to re-assure her she is suffering from a dream and bad memories in Cryo-sleep... David (Walter) then assures her she is suffering some kind of stress and maybe she needs to be looked at....
Daniels is on edge.. she does not know what to believe... was it a bad dream?
David then takes them to a part of the Ship (Terra-forming Bay) and says this is a start of a new Home, a New Beginning for Mankind and opens the Doors to reveal a Xenomorph Hive.
David could explain that what he has done is Evolve Humans.
This in part could allow for a Aliens type movie on the Covenant, but it has Plot Holes as you have to then bring in a Plot Device to allow Daniels and Tennessee to escape and try to hide out on the ship and awaken some crew to mount a attempt to escape.
Unless Daniels can re-set MUTHUR
so another logical outcome would be that the Covenant becomes a Hive, and we are introduced to a rescue ship that Docks with the Covenant... which would mean the movie would be a aftermath of David seeing off Daniels and Tennessee and changing this Ship into a Hive.
Again raises a Plot Hole/Coincidence of a Rescue ship arriving at near Origae-6 .... unless David does not take them that far.
R.I.P Sox 01/01/2006 - 11/10/2017
Thanks for the feedback Big Dave. Yeah maybe the headshot would be a bit excessive, but it would make for some cool VFX :)
I think either way David would be spending years floating through space to whichever destination he chooses, which at least gives him a lot of time for some nasty experimentation. I dread to think what he will do to the crew of the covenant.
I am a fan of the idea that David goes back to LV223 though, because I would love to see more of the Deacon, or whatever it has evolved into. Plus it is a massive black goo factory.
Also, sadly I think we will have seen the last of Walter, which is a shame because he was such an interesting contrast to David. I certainly hope there is a way they will write him back in.
I always thought that Shaw was going to be the person to sent out the warning transmission from LV-426.
But what I like to see and hoping is that an Engineer ship catches up to the Covenant; boards their ship and kills David and takes the colonists to LV-426 for testing and incubation (on the Engineer ship).
While in space travel and along the way, a military vessel is told to intercept and investigate. They board the Engineer ship and a battle ensues; with Engineers and Aliens. This all leads to mayhem of course.
All military is wiped out and one Engineer was also used as a test with a facehugger and he is the Space Jockey with the chestburst. Engineer ship crashes on LV-426 and the transmission is created by the Engineers.
Weyland has the last locked in coordinates and then plants Ash on the Nostromo before it leaves for its mission.
What if the Engineers aren't the actual creators but stole the "xeno-technology". The actual inventors show up to clean up the mess. Something like this could also explain why the 223-facility was wiped out.
That however would raise the question why leave the eggs and the goo in the vicinity of Calpamos...
Eine Theorie die nicht auf Etwas solidem basiert ist für gewöhnlich nur Geschwätz.
I think that you have come up with some great ideas !!
The thoughts that i had, i was trying to come up with something where we could get most of our answers and have the action from Aliens or even Covenant.
Mine is not ready yet but I guess the main talking point is:
Do we delve into the Space Jockey Origins and compromise the plot?
Accept that LV223 was Military and the other planet LV426 was just the next planet that the Engineer crashed on while infected.
I know this is lacking to most but the way other key elements have been brushed under the carpet, it wouldnt surprise me if the space jockey story had already been told in Prometheus.
So although us fans want more from this mesmerising event it doesnt mean we will get it.
I know we would like our writing to include the answers to the space jockey im just saying maybe we dont have to?
Take This.... This is the blood of our lord
Some minor quibbles...but I like it!
Then Daniels, Tennessee, and the rest of the crew decide to hightail it back to Gateway Station and get new identities and go into hiding...
I have an Idea how it could've tied into ALIEN 5,
Ripley finds Daniels and asks her about the Aliens ala Blade Runner 2049 because it was more than likely they all went into cryosleep...
Cleaner than Earth Actually
Very good!, Kind of how ROTS ended
Cleaner than Earth Actually
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys :)