Some David SPOILERS6,336 Views12 RepliesAdd A Reply
SPOILERS AHEAD, be warned!!
So I just watched it and have a few Davidism's lingering:
1. Why was he crying when he bombed the engineer city, and when he remembered back on bombing it? Just another part of his messed up programming?
2. He was singing "the man who broke the bank at Monte Carlo" while he cut his hair, and I looked that up and it's a song from Lawrence of Arabia, but maybe more than that?
3. He tells Walter, "is it better to serve in heaven or reign in hell" which is straight from paradise lost and is basically what satan says to the other fallen angels.
4. His facehugger embryos he coughs up, are they basically what become the big eggs?
5. The significance of him saying Byron. Just an error?
6. He dreams? I thought they did not sleep.
7. BONUS QUESTION: were the spores on the planet always there, or were they something david did?
Well David is basically becoming true AI I think. I'm not sure about the face hugger embryos. If his goal is to infect every colonist then either he has to be able to make more or they will produce an alien or aliens that lay eggs or reproduce. Perhaps he is only going to infect Daniels and T.
David said an interesting line when he said it will be as kind as we make it. Possibly he will kill Daniels and T then start a new planet with the colonists where he is their leader. I'm not sure it fits. I'm leaning toward he may just infect everyone or just experiment on them as he pleases.
i think the spores were from the black goo. David had drawings of different insects and things in his workshop. He also had black goo so he was busy doing stuff. I don't think all life died all at once excluding the engineers.
Thats all I got. I'm like you in seeing the movie once but it made sense to me.
This might be slightly off topic but I'm wondering where did the other protomorph come from on the Covenant? Or is that the one that come out of Crudup's character? How did it get on the ship? There's just so many things left unanswered just like Prometheus and I don't have much of a problem how fast Crudup chest bursts but it was way quicker than John Hurt and I know they get to full size pretty fast but it seemed a little too fast. Seemed they hurried things to me. I'm just pissed so maybe I'm nitpicking too much.
That 2nd xeno burst out of Lope's chest, they saw him chestbursted and bloody in the medbay. Yeah the last 2 action sequences with the xenos were pretty messy and a little over the top I thought too.
The most cringy things to me really in the whole movie were:
1. David Walter terminator/karate fight scene
2. The chestburster that was pretty bad design/chi and that it stood up and waved at David -hah
3. How Daniels not only didn't break every bone in her body from being thrown around on the tether of a spaceship crashing and flying, but was basically unharmed.
i can forgive most everything else ha!
Right, thanks for clearing that up, now I remember. Wow he grew really fast. Yeah definitely messy.
Hahahaha, very good points. Yeah lots of stuff that bothered me too.
Yeah, as much as I liked it I thought the last bit moved extremely fast. I still don't like how the facehugger got on that guy and then it got removed by someone stabbing it in the pouch. Then the acid barely burned through the guy's face. Plus the face hugger must of shot that egg in there pretty quick or whatever.
That is kind of my one gripe with it.
Yeah that is true, it's just a lot of inconsistency with the other films. The acid burns through decks of the Nostromo but barely gets through the guys cheek. One of many gripes for me.
I am wishing more and more that Blomkamp's Alien 5 would have came out instead of this.
Tom Yeah I've watched a leaked clip of Daniels battling the xeno on the lander and she gets right under the tourbine. Suspension of disbelief gonna have to be stretched to the max.
They should have at least had Lope say something like "something went down my throat" or something to indicate that he indeed was impregnated, that was pretty sketchy