Trending Articles
New / Upcoming Alien Titles
Upcoming Alien Titles
Alien Movies
Alien Movies
Featured Content
Scified Network

Scified2020-04-16 17:49:26https://www.scified.com/articles/sputnik-terrifying-new-russian-alien-movie-draws-inspiration-from-ridley-scotts-alien-15.jpg
Scified
44,223 Reads1 Upvotes7 CommentsAdd A Comment+ Upvote

In Russia... No One Can Hear You Pay Homage to a Sci-Fi classic! Enter Sputnik - a new Russian science fiction horror / thriller which seems to draw tremendous inspiration from Ridley Scott's iconic Alien and John Carpenter's The Thing! The trailer for this exciting new foreign title just dropped online (you can watch it below) and like the Alien: Covenant trailers, it teases massive horror, lots of blood, gore and even gives us a glimpse at the movie's horrific alien creature!

From what we can see, the alien seems to burst from within its host much like the Xenomorph Chestburster. The alien's adult form also features a somewhat white and grey-ish, smooth, skeletal exterior much like the Neomorphs from Alien: Covenant.

The plot involves the discovery of a hostile alien organism aboard the Russian space craft Orbit-4. Days before the craft lands, Russian intelligence lose communication with the astronaut crew following an incident in space. However, some of the crew are found to be alive and are then taken in for questioning once recovered. During their quarantine it becomes evident they've been infected by some horrible alien parasite. It is insinuated that the Russian government are attempting to cover up the ordeal and contain the Alien discovery (much like the Weyland-Yutani corporation did with the Xenomorph) but as one can expect, things go horribly wrong and the alien(s) get loose and cause all kinds of havoc.

Check out the trailer below and let us know what you think in the comments section!

Written by ChrisPublished on 2020-04-16 17:49:26

Related Alien: Covenant Articles
7 Fan responses to Sputnik: Terrifying new Russian alien movie draws inspiration from Ridley Scott's Alien!

dk

Apr-16-2020 9:36 PM

Doesn't look too bad, but I have zero interest dividing attention between what's onscreen and reading sub titles.

hox

Apr-17-2020 2:27 AM

I'll be sure to see this, if only because I features one of my favourite actresses - Oksana Akinshina!

@dk, I don't mind subtitles at all. I'd much rather have them than some awful dubbing in English.

Flyleaf-Rapt0r

Apr-17-2020 9:37 AM

In Soviet Russia, human baby burst out of alien!

wait, the alien still comes out of the human? dang it.

But for real it does look pretty cool. The alien looks interesting. It's nice to see movies from foreign countries and how they see things.

Apr-17-2020 12:47 PM

@dk, I find your brain adjusts to the subtitles after like 15 mins. I had to read the English subtitles when watching Parasite (good movie btw) and I only found it annoying at the beginning. By the end of the film I didn't even notice I wasn't watching a movie in a foreign language!

dk

Apr-17-2020 2:42 PM

Chris I suppose. I would love a dubbed version though. I find it easier to adjust since I never focus on people's mouths. Gantz 0 did a really good job with dubbing. I wouldn't have watched it if it only had subtitles.

Apr-18-2020 4:41 AM

Sputnik looks interesting, I might check it out.

I really don't know what all the fuss about subtitles, its never been an issue for me. Where I live, almost everything on TV is subtitled, from foreign TV shows to foreign movies, and it's not an issue. The only things that are dubbed are some cartoons for kids.

ignorantGuy

Apr-18-2020 1:36 PM

Reading also has the advantage of always knowing what actors say even if they don't say their line clearly.

I would only use dubbing If I would start a movie as background  noise or if they actors use atrocious Russian accents. I've seen Child 44 dubbed in Hungarian (which is not my native language, neither is Russian) only because Tom Hardy was unbearable, truly horrendous.

Add A Reply

Get this Prometheus sweater!
Alien Sweater
New Alien: Covenant Forum Topics
Latest Alien Fandom Activity
Member
dk replied to Alien 1 1/2

Alien: Covenant is a sequel to 2012's Prometheus as well as a prequel to 1979's ALIEN. Alien fans looking to know more about Alien: Covenant should check back often. Alien-Covenant.com is an information resource for film enthusiasts looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Alien: Covenant. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Alien: Covenant, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Alien & Predator Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Alien and Prometheus looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Alien: Covenant, Prometheus and its associated names, logos and images are property of 20th Century Fox and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Alien: Covenant's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.

Scified is an entertainment media network covering the latest news on the most popular, upcoming science fiction movies, games and television. All content is property of Scified.com unless otherwise stated. Images and names of content we promote, discuss, review or report are property of their respective owners. Scified is independantly owned and operated by a team of dedicated sci-fi movie fans, who strive to provide the best information and community experience for other like-minded sci-fi movie enthusiasts.