Nov-15-2017 6:35 PM
I am going to go out on a Limb here...
And i think the next Installment, be it called Alien Awakening or what ever... i think for the most part this would be a movie that would be set in the year 2112-2115, it logically has to be for a number of reasons.
1) David appears to be off to Origae-6 in the Covenant Ship, which will take 7.5 years to arrive there and so we are talking about 2112.
2) David appears to be going there for a reason, why would he need to go there, if all he wants to do is create Thousands of Eggs from the Crew, he could do this on the Ship, so why not go back to Planet 4 and do this and give the company some excuse that he has discovered Paradise. And the Colonist are setting up home? David could turn up at Origae-6 and then One by One try and awaken Colonist and Sedate them and take them down to then be experimented on to create his Eggs (less risky than on the Ship).
3) RS has pondered what kind of World would David create, and regarding becoming a Ruler of, i am sure David on Origae-6 with a Army of Xenomorphs would be pretty lame.... David did also say to Daniels, if we are kind it would be a kind world... when she asked him about what kind of a world can they now build.
4) The movie has to have Human Characters, i doubt we will see David interacting on the Covenant all nice as pie with the crew on their way to Origae-6 for a lot of the movie, and also we have Daniels who knows who David is, and Tennessee would be suspicious if Daniels just happens to bit the dust... So chances are a Colony will be set up on Origae-6 but how they deal with Daniels and Tennessee is interesting as they have written themselves into a corner.
5) The Covenant mission (i have not read the Prequel novel) but clues in the movie and the Viral stuff, appear to suggest that Origae-6 is a Earth like World that is presently not inhabited by Humans.
6) RS has said and hinted that they will go to Origae-6 (David and the Covenant) but that there would be 3-4 other parties involved, and David has informed the company about his experiments and they would know where he is going, so we can assume a Military/Well Prepared Ship is on the way... unless the writing is poor and we get Dumber than Dumb Company Ship Crew in the Know.... Unless the company sends a Human Ship purely as Bait, Lambs to the Slaughter, but would they not expect David would use the Colonist for this?
7) One of the incoming parties will be the Engineers, who arrive at Planet 4 and discover the devastation that has happened, do these Engineers know of the Black Goo, where it came from? How can they be sure that David was behind it, as they would uncover dead Humans no doubt, do they know of Mankind on Earth?, are they aware of the LV-223 Outpost and Mission to destroy us?, did they assume this went ahead? surely if not the would (provided they are aware of the original intention 2000 years ago) surely want to stop us now.
But how do they know/find out David caused all this? We can safely assume Engineer Ships can Travel Faster than Human ones (why have Maps to other Galaxies) and so they cant arrive hot on the heels of the Covenant that has not long departed... as they would intercept this with ease.
So when considering all of this, it paints a Picture.
The Engineers must arrive at the very least long after the Covenant has left and even after the Covenant has arrived on Origae-6, they must find Walter and somehow from him or other clues found in the wreckage of the Covenant Lander, that David is off to Origae-6 and how to find the location. Otherwise we are talking massive Coincidences again... more so if they go the route that Origae-6 has Engineers (it cant do) but it could have done, or other Humanoids seeded by them but this would be a massive Coincidence again.
I would Safely Assume, that David takes the Covenant to Origae-6 he repairs himself (uses Walter Parts) or builds a Walter and Transfers his AI into it, and he does this so he can Pass Off as Walter, and have the other Colonist not be aware of the events of Alien Covenant. He would have to cook a Elaborate Excuse for what happened to the Fallen Crew.
I would assume that piece by piece David helps them to establish a Colony, piece by piece, maybe he even changes his mind about using the Xenomorph? I think we will either see these events, or arrive in a aftermath... but along this path, David will try and establish himself as a Leader and Superior to the Humans, and i think we could see some Rebellion by them as some fail to take David as Leader/King.
Maybe David then introduces kinds of Punishments, so he can subjugate the colonist? or maybe not?
I feel at some point the Colonist, would maybe find out about what David has done or get suspicious and David then uses the Xenomorphs? Or maybe he plans this but he has to allow for a Colony to be set up first.. so he is buying his time?
Maybe i feel David could have some place on Origae-6 a Cave or someplace he will indeed had been subjecting some Colonist to his experiments and some Colonist discover this place?
We will see maybe 1-2 Company Ships arrive, and i would wonder does all these things i suggest happen in real time? or would they been events that have past, and the Company Ships arrive at a aftermath, just as the few remaining Colonist are fighting for their Lives, the Company Ships land... So this could get a bit ALIENS all over again.... but then prior events could be a bit ALIEN 3 again.
I would assume we get some Flash Backs where David explains certain things and events...
I would assume the movie would go back and forth a few times maybe showing when the Engineers turn up at Planet 4? discover what happened and find out WHO DID IT and WHERE THEY ARE but certainly i feel the Engineers turn up on Origae-6 towards the End... which would lead us to the Next Movie.
Where i assume the Engineers and Davids Experiments head towards LV-223. Or David and his creations dispatch the Engineers and he steals their Ship and heads to LV-223 which would set up the 3rd Movie.
THIS.. is what i have read into the clues so far, and its certainly the kind of route i would take.. HOWEVER.. The Question is what route are they taking now? And we also have to take into account when RS mentioned Alien Awakening he was pretty excited about the sequels and even suggesting the Franchise has to be about HIM (Xenomorph).
The Backlash for Alien Covenant could indeed have him and FOX reconsider what plans they had at the time of Alien Covenants Release.
R.I.P Sox 01/01/2006 - 11/10/2017