Reasons why Planet 4 CAN be LV426 (please)
Posted Jul-15-2017 8:29 AM
I know. I know it sounds silly but please hear me out.
I done a topic the other day and a large part around it was that there were so many inconsistencies in the universe we dont know what is real anymore.
RS said this, RS said that but it meant this, last week he said etc.
So what if we approach this topic differently ?
And we say: Reasons Planet 4 CAN be LV 426
Not it cant because this or that...
How about it can be because of this.....
I would love to see how this plays out. I have just thought of this so my list will be quite basic but here goes....
1. A derelict space craft in roughly the same position
2. Planet 4 and LV 426 BOTH surround a gas giant. You can see it in A:C on approach
3. David created the 1979 Xeno so Engineer versions would not deliver a 1979 Xeno as the end product.
4. There are Engineer type buildings on LV426 & Planet 4
5. There are eggs on Planet 4 which are shown to Oram
6. David could not fly the Jugganaut you could see in the crossing that there was no propulsion. Davis knew about LV 426 from Weyland and the signal. So David put Shaw in cryo then FLOATED there with no propulsion. It is the next planet or so, it didnt take too long.
7. The atmosphere is changed as a result of the Black Goo or something happens in A:A and The Elders or their highers who are rumoured to be able to affect climate effectively reset the Planet. Wiped clean to start again. This causes the difference in atmosphere.
That is my quick list as i got things on but do you see my point? I know we sometimes as fans complicate things and come up with more intricate ideas that the studio or writers ever could.
Maybe we cant see what is staring us in the face ????
Posted Jul-15-2017 8:50 AM
1. Different craft though. There are numerous design differences in the Juggernaut seen in Alien and the one David traveled in. One big difference is the hypersleep pods and the control chair in the pilot room. There are none in the pilot room of the juggernaut in Alien. Same type of ship, but different make/model.
Ridley alos confiemed there are not supposed to be the same ship - "They are roughly of the same period give or take a couple hundred years...Other than that, there’s no real link"
2. Planet 4 is a planet orbiting a star. LV-426 was a moon orbiting a gas giant, orbiting a star.
4. There are were no buildings shown on LV426 in Alien.
5. Those are not the same type of eggs we see in the chamber below the juggernaut in alien. Visually they are very different. The xenomorph in Covenant looks very different to the one seen in Alien as well.
6. I don't know where you are getting 'no propulsion' from. We see David/Shaw flying the juggernaut away from LV223 in Prometheus and we see it flying to the Engineer city in the flashback in Covenant. It certainly had a propulsion system.
7. Forget about the atmosphere, the whole surface of LV-426 looked like a primordial planet, covered with what looked like lava flows. Geologically it looked nothing like planet 4, which had mountain ranges formed from tectonic plate activity.
Posted Jul-15-2017 9:17 AM
I was just trying to come at this from another angle. Forgetting inconsistencies and looking at how it COULD be not how it COULDNT. I still think there is a loose argument for this if we were to ignore the finer points as the franchise may do at times.
EDIT: 1. How do you know that the craft that Shaw and David left in is different? You never seen inside it in Prometheus. The one you talking about is crashed. They dont have to be all the same
2. In Prometheus the approach shows us a large gas giant. A planet very similar is shown during A:C and Covenants approach.
4. I was talking about the entrance which is covered in sand
5. The Eggs LOOK different. Doesnt mean they are. Not forgetting there is still 1 or 2 films to go.
6. Watch "The Crossing" the craft is floating weirdly. Yes in Prometheus when they set off initially it look to have propulsion.
7. The surface could be changed by these powers i mentioned.
I said it sounded silly in the first line
Posted Jul-15-2017 11:24 AM
1. Good point. Just because David said there were more ships does not mean they were all the same make/model, but we did see the interior in Covenant and in The Crossing. It looks identical to the one we saw in Prometheus.
2. There was no gas giant shown in Covenant. We saw Planet 4 with several moons orbiting it. The graphic of the solar system shown in the movie does have a ringed planet that is presumably a gas giant, but that is not planet 4. The operative word here is "planet". LV-426 is a "moon".
4. Your point 4 said "There are Engineer type buildings on LV426 & Planet 4". We saw no buildings whatsoever on LV-426 in Alien.
5. We know they were different simply by the fact that the resulting xenomorph was very different from the one seen in Alien. But the exterior shape and features were also very different.
6. ...and it had propulsion in Covenant. It came out of hyperspeed as it entered the atmosphere of Planet 4 and propelled itself over to the docking ship.
Unfortunately, too many things make your idea unworkable.
Posted Jul-15-2017 12:35 PM
I havent got a decent enough copy of A:C at the minute but the pic above you have posted is what i was wanting to look at. I was wondering if it had anything in common with the system that LV223 was in. So the pic for 2. that you shot is from A:C i guess ?
Looks like it has 6 planets/moons in total.
1. Yes i thought you would say that i was going to say back: What if David and Shaw piloted separate crafts at some point. But it does sound ridiculous now. Oh yes Shaw & David BOTH crashed their SIMILAR Jugganauts. lol
As for the Gas Giant there is a very similar shot in Prometheus to that in A:C. I dont have access to A:C so i cant give you a time. But since this has fell to pieces it hardly matters ;)
Posted Jul-15-2017 7:17 PM
The planet in Prometheus is a possibly a gas giant with rings. It looks like it has an icy surface like Enceladus, so it may not be a gas giant. LV-223 was one of its moons. A second moon was shown orbiting it in Holloway's hologram.
This is the gas giant LV-426 orbited in Alien. It looks very different to the one in Prometheus, and at least three moons that we can see.
The system in Covenant has 5 planets. Planet 4 is an earth-like planet, not a gas giant. We don't know how many moons planet 4 has, but we see three in this shot.
The largest moon is shown in many of the other shots of Planet 4.
Posted Jul-16-2017 7:12 PM
I can understand the OT, trying to suggest how Planet 4 can be LV-426 but i have looked at the clues and i cant really think of a way that Planet 4 could be LV-426
Planet 4 is a Planet and not a Moon, its not even Planet 4 though is more Planet 2/3 of the 5 Planets as shown in the images Kethol Posted.
This Planet does have 7 Moons, which is from the Data shown when studying the Planet, but then the size of the Planet is also flawed as the given size would not be able to have 7 Moons. But oh well they dont really stick to well to Science.
So my reply to those OT points would have had the same answers/replies as Kethol had put so there is not need for me to comment on what flaws would go against the OT
The Juggernauts are intended to be the same in Prometheus and Alien Covenant, some parts inside look different to Prometheus but we have to put this down to being in AC they explored different parts of the ship than we was shown in the one in Prometheus... this difference i mean as far as the Corridor that has more of the Derelict Look to it.
For all intensive purposes they are the same kinds of ships from LV-223.... but as far as the Derelict it looks different, and they cant pass this off as a oversight... which lucky for us RS had made a few comments/points regarding the Derelict.
1) They are similar ships, but are a few hundred years different, and so one is a Older Model than the other.
2) The Derelict is not in Pristine Condition, not like how in Prometheus the Juggernaught was as Good as New.
3) We have not yet got to the Derelict yet, there is some way to go and evolution before we get to Alien and that Derelict.
I hope that the only AWAKENING we are in for is FOX/RS wake up and learn from their mistakes.
Posted Jul-17-2017 1:23 AM
Yes it was flawed from the start. Its just when you look at it from the average fans point of view, we have a derelict crashed in A:C and when A:A gets here, guess what ? Yes. ANOTHER Jugganaut crashes into another Planet. Although it is totally plausible and will be what has to happen (If A:A leads to Alien) if you take a step back it is the same thing repeated. Centres around a different crashed Jugganaut in both films
Is that the best writing Fox could get? Especially when you consider the opened universe that Prometheus gave us.
Posted Jul-17-2017 8:33 AM
What makes you think the derelict Juggernaut in Alien "crashed"? Ridley said it landed. It may have been a forced landing, but it landed.
Ridley has also said we are several movies away from Alien, so the next one won't directly link to Alien. There may never be a direct link to that specific ship.
The Dreadnought in Covenant did not crash either according to the novel. At least that is the conclusion Walter comes to when he realizes David has been lying to him.
Posted Jul-19-2017 9:20 AM
if planet 4 is lv426 then why no mention of the Prometheus crew? they r aware of that mission and the company would have lv223,lv426 and the gas giant in their stellar maps and records. planet 4 is a totally unknown planet to them and if planet 4 was lv426 then the covenant crew would have certainly talked about the mission to lv223 as the 2 moons orbit the same gas giant but there is no such topic raised so they cant possibly be the same.
Sign in to add a reply to this topic!