Im not a fan of Alien Covenant, the plot, actors or where the story is going.
Things i think alien covenant should have been.
1) Start the film with david and dr shaw in space headings for paradise, exploring the alien ship.
2) Paradise has been abandoned by the engineers, david and dr shaw arrive and explore paradise.
3) dr shaw and david find out that engineers left cause of the xenomoph has escaped and infected half of the engineers city
4) david and shaw find a engineer who has survived and tells them what happened,
5) somehow the covenant is bound for paradise to populate the planet with humans, once landed david and shaw try to escape with the covenant crew.
6) somehow aliens get aboard the covenant and and crashes back on paradise, most of the aliens are killed in the crash/explosion, david and shaw and a few others survive
7) in a twist shaw finds out that david on purpose helped the aliens board the covenant and a intense fight/ showdown happens where shaw loses
8) some how david helps the engineer place the alien eggs from the nest on the alien ship from prometheus bound for earth as the black goo doesnt kill but evolves life, so the xenomoph will be the next wepon.
9) during mid flight david lets lose a facehugger which attacks the engineer/ pilot and forces the alien ship to crash on LV 424, the chestbuster kills the engineer but dies while young.
10) David activates the becon and waits many years before the 1979 nostromo picks up the signal, where david was in the back ground when kane is attacked by a face hugger, and the film closes with david watching the small ship taking off returning to the nostromo where the 1979 film continues.
This is just an idea, it would kinda be like aliens style action to promethues and would conect to the alien film
Im from hollywood, contact me via PM you can come here and start working tomarrow.
:-) a lot of people want to change the story, I'm wondering why... I can understand it anyways. Yours is also an interesting story.
From your story I guess you liked the Prometheus. Some ppl think, not in this forum but elsewhere, Prometheus fans' problem (at least one of them) is Shaw's death. In your story Shaw also loses, I think she dies. So the problem is not her death, but the unanswered questions what left behind with her death. That's why I can't compare her faith with Hicks and Newt's death. They were also lovely characters, but they didn't have questions. It wasn't good to realise, they died, but I didn't feel that emptyness what I felt after Shaw's death.
In Promtheus i felt like dr shaw was a strong character, and with everything that happen in that film she 100% deserved to be in the sequel, in alien covenant its like they want people to forget about dr shaw which makes me think what was the point to make shaw survive prometheus only to be cut out of alien covenant.
In my story, shaw does lose the fight against david but she would have been in the film 3/4 and would have lost/died by fighting for herself and being strong till the end and trying to prevent any more deaths,
Cool ideas, especially Shaw playing a bigger role. It's ok if she dies (lol), because she knows so much about Weyland Corp., but such a character would have to disappear before Alien takes place.
It was a shame how she was handled in Covenant.
I think Alien Covenant might have done better at box office if shaw was in it
Sorry but I totally disagree, I find Shaw to be stupid and annoying. She deserved a gruesome and bloody death. If it would have been me I would have had her die from a Xeno or that an Engineer would get so fed up with her obvious stupidity so he would beat her to death or cut of her head with an axe (that is how much I dislike her).
About Newt and Hicks at least they were somewhat alright. She is probably the only character that I have felt such a dislike for. Burke was nasty but at least he wasn’t stupid so I don’t get that mad at him as I do with Shaw. Shaw is the only main character where I have been happy for the fact that the character died. Newt's and Hicks's deaths were a bit boring because of how they died but at least I had some sympathy for them. This is a comment to Esther’s post.
David should have got nothing to do with the 1979 beacon if that is what you are trying to say. If Shaw would have been in a lot of AC then I would probably have boycotted the movie to be honest.
Like I said it was just an idea, at least if david activated the beacon it would connect the prequel films to original alien, the way ridley scott is going he wants to wait another 2-3 films before we get to 1979 alien, shaw isnt my favourite character either but no one will be able to replace Ellen ripley.
ive seen alien covenant and i wasnt happy with what i seen, it didnt feel like a sequel to prometheus or a prequel to alien, it kinda felt lost, it just feels like ridley scott rushed into making the film because of alien 5.
Alien covenant had some good ideas but i dont feel like it works for the prequel films
1) Alien 1979 & Aliens 1986 10/10
2) Prometheus 7/10
3) Alien 3 5/10
4) Alien covenant 3.5/10
5) Alien resurrection 3/10
This is just where Alien covenant is out of 10 compared to the other films.
No problems, do you mean that David would activate the beacon in the 1979 movie? Sure it would connect the prequels with Alien 1979 but I think that there are more interesting ways to do that.
Ripley was a well-done character. Maybe they can come close if they let Daniels develop in an interesting way, at least it is a possibility but let's see what will become of her.
AC wasn't perfect but at least it was a step in the right direction compared to Prometheus. I understand if there are things that people have problems with in it because I sure know that there are things that I disagree with. To me at least I am interested in seeing how they will do with the next prequel.
Sign in to add a reply to this topic!