Here is how they bring Ripley/Hicks back and connect to new series2 Upvotes3 RepliesUpvoteAdd A Reply
First Weaver is older but she still looks great. So here is a suggestion to merge everything and set this on the correct path. Of note: Fassbender is the new star of series but not if Ripley and Hicks have something to say about it.
First Alien 4 is fine to leave since its far in future. Alien 3 needs to be a dream. We know she has bad dreams from aliens. Lets start there.
a short overview
1) Starts with a ship drifting through space towards earth and its the sulcao, we see ripleys eyes open in cyro pod and she sits ups looks over at hicks and newt and realizes alien 3 was a bad dream. (de-age her just for this scene)
2) Meanwhile, years pass and we reach the appropriate age for Hicks Ripley and Newt. Hicks now a senior officer in Colonial Marines while Newts husband works for weyland/yutani and comes across a story of missing Prometheus and covenant etc and becomes interested. He has dinner with Newt, Ripley and Hicks and asks if they ever heard of this. Hicks says nothing while Ripley says no. Turns out Hicks may know something about it.
3) Newts husband gets job on new planet and decides to move family there. Ripley and Hicks support it but wish she didnt go.
4) 6 years pass and no word from Newt, somethings wrong. Hicks uses his position to find out and they lost contact with Newts ship
5) A beacon emerges that they believe is her ship and Ripley and Hicks set off to space to find her.. And when they arrive its the convenient. And that's when sh*t hits the fan.
The rest can be made up here but not a bad plot and could tie everything together.
If Alien 3 was a dream, then at least it explains why the facehugger on Sulaco :p
Pretty much what Blomkamps Alien 5 was to be about.
some 20 years after Aliens, Ripley and Hicks Settle down together they adopt Newt and everything is Happy Families.
Until a Asian Company has retrieved a Derelict Space Craft and then somehow Ripley gets involved we never found out why she was involved as you would ask why would Ripley want to be involved again... Unless it meant Newt was in trouble.
A Alien 5 could have worked... done the Blomkamp route and like you have mentioned, but it would need to happen sooner rather than latter and have it as a Passing of the Torch to NEWT!
I feel FOX made a Mistake by not doing Alien 5 as clearly this would have potentially been a Money Maker $$$$$ more so if the movie was well written and cast.... as it could lead to continue the Franchise with Newt at the Helm.
But i was more interested in seeing a Prometheus Sequel and Alien Prequels, and i am sure RS wanted to get these done First... I think Ripleys Journey Ended with Alien 3... if we accept Alien R then a sequel would be on Earth but i am not a fan of that and it could not be done because we have to ask How does Ripley 8 basically Age?
A Re-boot Sequel to Aliens would have worked, if they had this as Miss Weaver/Ripleys way to bow out and pass the Franchise onto Newt.
FOX however do not back their Sci-Fi movies enough, not since Alien R and AVP's never did well.... Prometheus was kind of backed but disappointed a bit.
There was No-way FOX would Finance a Prometheus Sequel and a Alien 5 at the same time or within release of each other so soon. RS would also be concerned that doing this could take the shine off his Prometheus 2 with Fans opting to go for Alien 5 instead and if a Alien 5 was a HIT and his Prometheus 2 was NOT.. FOX would be reluctant to carry on his Prequel Tale leading to Alien.
I think its these reasons that Alien 5 was postponed and the Prometheus Sequel was made more Alieny and less Prometheus.
R.I.P Sox 01/01/2006 - 11/10/2017
Sign in to add a reply to this topic!