I doubt it...Don't think Ridley is going down that path. Queen alien is all James Cameron.
Think he want to re-stamp the series with something new.
Unlikely, though I definitely think we will see new variations of the Xenomorph evolution.
Its hard to say for sure.... as far as the next movie Alien Covenant i doubt it, but we cant be sure where they are going with this... they are going the route to give us clues to the Xenomorphs creation but while Ridley has given us clues.... he has been cryptic. Here are the base points to look out for.
1) The aim of this new Project (2-3 Alien Prequels) is to show firstly WHY, the Xeno was created, and by WHO and in doing these two things then its logical we will see HOW it was created...
But will we see HOW in the Next movie or just clues? they have 2-3 Movies to cover this..
2) Ridley has hinted that THEY (Engineers) created the Xenomorph but then he goes down the route to suggest EVIL BIOLOGY, and then Why would they (Engineers) create such Evil Biology like a Piece of Bacteria... to me this must point to the Black Goo.
3) In this Next Movie (Alien Covenant) we will have them all... Egg, Face Huger, Chest Buster and Big Guy..... but we dont know for sure if we would see these as far as timeline of Covenant...
It seems we will see all the Stages of the Xeno however...
i. Is this within the 2104 Timeline? or a Flash Back?
ii. Is this via Murals, or Ghost Scenes again?
iii. Is this a related Xenomorph but not the actual one from Alien Series... but something that would show us how a similar Organism was created and how similar its Life Cycle was... (Remember Spaights Alien Engineers was to show us a place where they (Engineers) created 8 different versions of Xeno related Organisms.
Also im sure Ridley came out last year and said the Derelict had 8 different Cargo Holds.
4) Ridley says something is on Paradise, evolving and they (Engineers) created it. But this could be regarding the Biology that leads to the Xenomorph.... Think of the Deacon in Prometheus... David in effect created it... using Engineers Evil Biology.
5) Ridley said we will see how/why the Xenomorph was Bio-mechanical.... maybe there is a reason why the Deacon was different (because it came from a Human/Xeno Hybrid Face Huger) but maybe he is trying to suggest there is a particular reason why the Xenomorph in Alien was Bio-Mechanical..
So it depends where they are going with this... and how much or little time they devote to the Xeno Origins... we have to bear in mind that Ridley said it would take by the end of the 2nd movie in this NEW TRILOGY or maybe a 3rd before we find out When/How/Why the Space Jockey and his Derelict with that Cargo got to LV-426.
Will we therefore see the QUEEN? who knows... Ridley is not trying to take the Queen out of Cannon because the Queen plays a bigger role in Alien 5....... But its the case of Chicken or the Egg..
Adam and Eve.... Adam was created First, he could not bare Children... Eve came along and after the Fall of Man... they could then produce Children....
So maybe we wont see a Queen, but just enough to show us how the Eggs came to be.... from this we will get maybe the Original Xenomorph Big Chap... or Similar but it would leave it open as far as how a Queen fits in..
Just as for now... we dont know how a Queen is Born, and do we assume the Aliens Queen was there before even Alien? We dont know... and i doubt we will find out how a Queen is created in the next movie....
I think Alien 5 will cover that for us.
R.I.P Sox 01/01/2006 - 11/10/2017
If it takes place on the homeplaned, i want to see the Queen Mother Xenomorph!
IF we see a Queen Xeno...I want to see millions/billions of them. If there can be 7 billion humans, I see no reason there can't be billions of Xenos.
I personally DONT want to se a Queen i A:C, but not to retcon it out of Alien lore. Maybe the queen is part of the Xeno evolution and only exists on LV426 because it needs something to produce the eggs. The engineers maybe produced the eggs some other way, and the conditions on LV426 calls for a Queen to evolve?
Hmmm... Queen don't need.
Feature of each movies:
Alien - alien.
Aliens - queen.
Alien3 - "runner".
Alien:R - newborn.
Prometheus - deacon & many other monsters.
Alien: Covenant - I want see an Ultramorph.
Yes maybe there is a reason for the Queen in Aliens... but i felt there was a whole way of the cycle or Procreation of the Xenomorph that i covered in the News post about the Sideshow King Xenomorph.
R.I.P Sox 01/01/2006 - 11/10/2017
I hope not because it is better if they will make it more mysterious by not having a queen. A queen is present in bees and bees are too concrete that we have in nature. It is better if they will make it its own thing so it becomes more unknown which is more interesting. I can see why an explanation with a queen in it was used but it could have been done in a better way. Perhaps we can have the queen as an alternative explanation but the more official explanation should be done better, so:
- Let the Prometheus series be an official explanation to how the Alien came to be and let
- Aliens (the James Cameron version or what ever you want to call it) be a sort of what if they haven’t gone the route with the Engineer evil biology explanation
You can have both as long as you know which version is the official and which version that isn’t but that should be clear so it won’t be confusing.
I dont think they will be ruling either out as Canon..... but i think they would be expanding on other ways of Procreation as part of the Xenomorph....
How far they are going with this.. who knows.. i think the Queen is here to stay as far as a Evolutionary Step from what ever events led to the Eggs on the Derelict.... and how those Eggs came to be.. this does not have to mean as far as on the Derelict but in general, so for example if its shown the Derelict is not the first time or place those kinds of Eggs came to be.
some are hoping for a deeper, more advanced background to the Xenomorph, maybe it will have culture and be shown to be Advanced, maybe it would have a Hierarchy above the Engineers or it is in some kind of Hierarchy order above Mankind.
I think people who are looking for that will be disappointed as i think they will nail in that the Xenomorph was a Bio-Weapon and nothing much more. But thats not to say the Biology behind could not be from a Non Bio-Weapon form.... It would be as if Mankind Managed to re-code the Human and Ape Genome and managed to make a Hybrid and what we have is Planet of the Apes, where the Ape Hybrids are used as Soldiers and nothing more...
The Planet of the Ape Hybrids are thus Bio-Weapons.... but their Origins come from a Non Bio-Weapon source i.e Experiment with Human and Ape DNA.
So maybe more depth can come off the Xeno origins to its DNA, but the Xenomorph Eggs and guys we see in Alien, Aliens and every other movie after in the Franchise (not including the prequels) are in effect Bio-Weapons.
R.I.P Sox 01/01/2006 - 11/10/2017
Sign in to add a reply to this topic!