199 Now OnlineOpen Forums   ❱

Alien: Covenant - Prometheus sequel by Ridley Scott

COUNTDOWN TO COVENANT MISSION LAUNCH:

Welcome to the nightmarish world of Scorn!

Welcome to the nightmarish world of Scorn!

Fans of the late swiss surrealist painter H R Giger have been limited to his artistic works such as paintings and sculptures, and his work in the media Such as designing the deadly creature from the Alien movies and Species movies. Now thanks to the Serbian development studio Ebb Software Giger fans will finally be able to explore a virtual world that Giger could have, and most likely did dream of in their forthcoming title Scorn, which is currently in development using Unreal Engine 4 and will be released on the PC via Steam this year, having recently being greenlit by the steam community, despite a failed Kickstarter campaign.

Scorn is an atmospheric first person horror adventure game set in a nightmarish universe of odd forms and somber tapestry. It is designed around an idea of "being thrown into the world". Isolated and lost inside this dream-like world you will explore different interconnected regions in a non-linear fashion. The unsettling environment is a character itself. Every location contains its own theme (story), puzzles and characters that are integral in creating a cohesive lived in the world. Throughout the game, you will open up new areas, acquire different skill sets, weapons, various items and try to comprehend the sights presented to you.

Developers, Ebb Software, have stated that the game will be released in two parts, but will not see any DLC being released. Unfortunately, there are also no plans for a sequel, but if publisher Humble (famous for the Christmas Humble Bundle used to raise money for charity in the Yogcast Jingle Jam live streams on Twitch) can market the game to the right demographic, then who knows what the future will hold scorn. Be sure to check out Scorn's homepage and Steampage to show your support for this awesome looking title.

Here are some jaw-droppingly beautiful screenshots...

If you're a fan of Alien / Prometheus and are looking forward to Alien: Covenant, be sure to join in our Alien: Covenant forum! Ranked the #1 Prometheus forum back in 2012 and hosting a community of over 32,760 members, it's a great place to discuss the upcoming Prometheus sequels, dissect details from every trailer and engage with like-minded fans.

Stay up to date with the latest news on Ridley Scott's Alien: Covenant movie by liking Scified on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, consider subscribing your email to our Alien: Covenant blog for instant notifications of when new posts are made!

Replies

ChrisApr-08-2017 11:21 AM

This is remarkable!

Dark NebulaApr-08-2017 11:29 AM

I've been waiting for this game since 2014. Ebb software is relatively small studio consisted of 11 people from Belgrade, and its very impressive what they all are capable of making.

Can't wait for part 1 Dasein, along with another game called Inner chains.

TiwazApr-08-2017 1:20 PM

Didn't I mention this one 3 months ago? ;P

Haven't heard bout Inner Chains, though. Looks interesting.

Agony is also worth a look. But it's less "gigeresque".

Dark NebulaApr-08-2017 1:29 PM

I mentioned it in december 2016 on this topic.

Idk if somebody else mentioned it before.

Blackwinter-witchApr-08-2017 2:38 PM

The parliament of dreams, the world of Scorn....man, this is a game I am really looking fwd to!!

S.MApr-08-2017 3:27 PM

I think Dark Seed - a game Giger actually was involved with - might've just pipped these guys at the post by a good 25 years.

MizikameApr-08-2017 3:50 PM

Something I've been waiting for ohhh goshhh

A L I E N 4 2 6 Apr-08-2017 5:00 PM

As cool as this is, I'd like to remind people that this page is used to serve as news for Alien: Covenant and it's sequels/prequels. This is the kind of story that should stay in the forums. Keep front page news on topic. It looks more professional to new visitors.

TiwazApr-08-2017 5:52 PM

Right, Dark Seed. I even had that one on my Commodore Amiga... is it really that long ago? Shit! XD

S.MApr-08-2017 6:27 PM

I remember when it came out, but never played it.  You can probably play it via emulator these days.

GavinApr-08-2017 8:49 PM

@ S.M- How could I forget Dark Seed, and Dark Seed II...

Though to be honest the DS games always felt like a cheap game with Giger's art scanned in to make some cash.

@ Alien 426 - This be called a "related news" article.

ParkerparrotApr-09-2017 7:57 AM

Wow! This is how I allways pictured the homeworld of the Engineers... Or should I say the home of the elephantine thing in the derelict.

A L I E N 4 2 6 Apr-09-2017 8:26 AM

But it's not related. The only relation is Giger and his art style. It has nothing to do with the Alien franchise whatsoever. It looks unprofessional. Like I said, keep it in the forums.

UFOMORPHApr-09-2017 11:41 AM

chiiiillllllll  426  we already know it has nothing to do or have relation to the alien anthology. it was mentioned right in the beginning.

Very true parkerparrot,    I wanted the engineer home world to look like something out of scorn or dark seed.  I remember Giger made cityscapes of weird transparent glass looking biomech skyscrapers and buildings. To bad it wasn't the case but I'm still looking forward to Covenant.

UFOMORPHApr-09-2017 11:41 AM

A L I E N 4 2 6 Apr-09-2017 11:47 AM

I'm chill. I just want this site to retain some sort of professionalism. Just because it says it isn't related, doesn't make it any more professional

S.MApr-09-2017 3:20 PM

I think the admins know where they want to post news items.

BigDaveApr-09-2017 4:05 PM

This was covered before indeed, i still think its a game that visually looks great, i wont be playing it for some time as my Computer is very old lol...  And i would have to justify getting a new one if i was to actually play a few games on it..

Mind you i think i may do upgrade towards winter as its been 7-8 years now lol

But Scorn looks great, i love the whole HR Giger Aesthetic and i could almost imagine a WHAT IF.. Or Engineers or those who created the Engineers was created in this way. And then reveal the Derelict as being a more Ancient Technology the Engineers had Re-Engineered so to speak.

Blackwinter-witchApr-09-2017 4:12 PM

My comp is a 11 year old HP Pavillion, so yeah, I share your pain. :)
Scorn, been to the site, LOVE the vid, and it fits into some ideas I have regarding addressing the mystery of The Versions of Humanity as R. Scott spoke of 4 or 5 Versions, so counting Us and the Engineers, there's 2 or 3 to account for.

BigDaveApr-09-2017 4:18 PM

Never heard of Dark Seed, just had look at it and maybe its something i will have to consider playing.

Some nice nods to HR Giger in that ;) and actually using a lot of his works

Gee WApr-10-2017 1:10 AM

Looks like Myst, but in the world of Giger! Sign me up for that!

dkApr-10-2017 8:50 PM

The imagery is great and got me excited. I saw some gameplay and it didn't seem that great.

dkApr-10-2017 8:50 PM

dkApr-10-2017 8:50 PM

Blackwinter-witchApr-10-2017 9:08 PM

well, to be fair, I think that was pre-alphagameplay?

The trailers alone are treasure for me, the writer-part of my brain loves it and I have a literary universe where ideas inspired by SCORN would fit. I am looking fwd to the game of course!

dkApr-11-2017 12:30 AM

The killing looked sort of pointless over the top for gore sake. It was pre alpha though. Overall, the gameplay didn't have the feel of the atmospheric trailers imo. I have no idea why I triple posted above. Sorry.

Blackwinter-witchApr-11-2017 12:53 AM

dk

Tech-gremlins, it happens, server-gremlins maybe?

I'm still looking for some decent pre-alpha samples, all I manage to find are trailers.

dkApr-11-2017 11:22 AM

Blackwinter-witch

Tough to find anything about the game but I found this:

EDIT- Correction. I just realized the footage I mentioned was from agony and not Scorn. Oops.

TomApr-12-2017 6:33 PM

There's a new leaked featurette with some new footage:

watch at your own risk of spoilage.

CentauriApr-13-2017 10:10 AM

this is insane...This game is revolutionary looking....I must play this one day

Jeri.theSOBApr-19-2017 7:11 PM

Iv been waiting for this one!! its so truly alien wish there was more stuff like this in the alien series.

Alien: Covenant News Article

Gavin

Written By Gavin
Published: 2017-04-08 11:17:45

19,899 Reads

Welcome to the Alien: Covenant fan website & forum! Don't be a lurker, consider joining our community of like-minded Alien & Prometheus fans. By signing up you can comment on news articles, start your own forum topics, upload images and even win cool prizes! Over 32,760 fans have already signed up!

About Alien: Covenant

Alien: Covenant Movie

Release Date:

May 19th, 2017

Plot Synopsis:

Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in ALIEN with ALIEN: COVENANT, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with PROMETHEUS -- and connects directly to Scott’s 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world -- whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

Latest Alien: Covenant Forum Topics

What happens to David 8 - Awakening?

3 Replies, Last Post: 2017-04-29 22:07:18

Welcome New People - Sound Off

38 Replies, Last Post: 2017-04-29 21:51:31

Alien script recital 2.0.Prize to the winner!

310 Replies, Last Post: 2017-04-29 21:41:36

Morph Family Tree Theory

0 Replies, Last Post: 2017-04-29 19:42:42

I Don’t Believe David – The Phantom Crossing

19 Replies, Last Post: 2017-04-29 19:33:08

Alien : Covenant predictions (possible spoilers)

4 Replies, Last Post: 2017-04-29 19:30:02

THE ALIEN: Prehistoric or futuristic?

13 Replies, Last Post: 2017-04-29 19:18:26