Trending Articles
New / Upcoming Alien Titles
Upcoming Alien Titles
Alien Movies
Alien Movies
Featured Content
Scified Network

Scified2017-04-30 20:06:25https://www.scified.com/articles/exclusive-alien-covenant-neomorph-bursting-scene-images-leaked-major-spoilers-34.jpg
Scified
121,077 Reads4 Upvotes41 CommentsAdd A Comment+ Upvote

A selection of Alien: Covenant footage was screened at the special Alien Day event last week and one of the scenes Fox debuted completely showed the Neomorph back-bursting scene, as well as the Neomorph throat-bursting scene. Attendees have been discussing the footage on social media, but no images or recordings have really made their rounds publicly yet... until now. One of our forum members, TRVPLORDIV has provided us with a first look at images from the footage, specific to when the Neomorph bursts out. We did also receive a recording of the footage, but will be refraining from sharing that online, as we wish to keep certain experiences for the cinema. These images however give us a great look at the baby Neomorph - which by the looks of things is quite large upon birth, much larger than a Chestburster.

These images are being share for the purpose of speculation and analysis by our community and obviously, we have no intention of ruining the movie-going experience for any of our fellow fans. This is why the article image above does not contain any of the following spoiler-images. We will also not be sharing these directly to our social feeds, so if you do feel the need to share them, please be considerate of others and do not blatantly plaster them across your pages or profiles. If Fox ask us to remove these images, we will comply and do so of course. However for those who don't mind spoilers and wish to analyze the baby Neomorph bursting sequence, enjoy...

... And here is a look at the throat-bursrting Neomorph - which looks significantly smaller than the Back-burster. Likely, a different breed of Alien, may mature to look differently:

Again, a big thanks to TRVPLORDIV for sending these our way. Please be considerate if you share these around.

Written by ChrisPublished on 2017-04-30 20:06:25

Related Alien: Covenant Articles
41 Fan responses to EXCLUSIVE: Alien: Covenant Neomorph bursting scene images leaked! (Major Spoilers)

Blackwinter-witch

Apr-30-2017 8:17 PM

GREAT PICS!!  Not gonna share them, I love things like this but I know most folks wish to avoid anything spoilery.

Apr-30-2017 8:19 PM

Thank you! Yeah, I'm hoping people respect the wishes of others and keep them quarantined to this post alone. For those who don't mind these spoilers this is awesome, but I don't want to piss off any fans, or Fox for that matter. So, hopefully people keep quiet and enjoy them from here haha.

Blackwinter-witch

Apr-30-2017 8:47 PM

You're welcome and I will interact with this post as-per guidelines above. NP there.

Closest I came to sharing it is Upvoting. :)

Chad Ripley

Apr-30-2017 9:43 PM

This looks amazing and so gory which is awesome. I can take the violence and gore and I'm excited it's being  injected back into the franchise in a purposeful manner. Not like that AvP requiem crap. I know I'm gonna have to tell my dad to cover his eyes when we go see this opening night lol.

Jim Pills

Apr-30-2017 11:20 PM

That throatburster looks like it becomes the alien outside the lifter that Tennessee and Daniels are on. The one which bashes it's head on the glass.

Burke, Carter J.

Apr-30-2017 11:26 PM

Wow! I absolutely didn't expect to see this before the release of the movie! I really had to think hard if I wanted to look at these because I'm beginning to feel kinda nervous about spoilers, I want to keep the experience in the cinema as fresh as possible, but of course, I couldn't keep myself from checking these out. It's actually not that spoilery though, I think, since we've practically seen al lot of this in the trailer already. Thanks for sharing. This looks super brutal! My confidence in the movie is growing with every little snippet we get to see and hear. I was still a little cautious about Covenant after Ridley said way back that Prometheus would scare the shit out of us and that, at least for me, wasn't really the case. But it looks like he might actually deliver with this one. Great!

It's gonna be a big month for me! I'm turning thirty this month and on top of that I'll be able to experience my first "real" Alien movie on the big screen! This means a lot for me! It's the one thing I always wanted to see in the cinema since I first watched Alien when I was seven years old and instantly became a life long fan!

Jim Pills

Apr-30-2017 11:36 PM

Congrats on your thirtieth birthday this month... I wish I were thirty again, so I could make a different set of mistakes to the ones I made!!

Still, hope your first viewing is going to be a blast.

Burke, Carter J.

Apr-30-2017 11:45 PM

Thanks Jim Pills, greatly appreciated! And after seeing these pics I'm sure it'll be a blast for all of us.

Lone

May-01-2017 1:25 AM

I saw the sneak peek footage on the 26th and it was all epic!

WARNING: If you would rather not know the details of the footage then please do not read my description of said footage below...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The backburster footage was bloody, very gory and brutal, the wee devil came out in it's own amniotic sac, and it grew instantly. Once it broke out of the medlab and Faris tried to shoot it, it jumped all over the place, managing to dodge the bullets.

Same with the throatburster, the pace was so fast, it was chaos for the crew and hard to pin down details, as the scene was at night, but it appeared very like the Chestburster from Alien only longer and larger. Imagine that ripping out of your mouth! It grew at incredible speed too. Then, watched intently by Walter, it sped off into the wheat field.

I have to say I found the little Neos strangely cute and I loved how they looked, they were very vocal, but absolutely deadly even at that stage of their growth cycle. They moved at rapid speed, too fast to contain. Ferocious and viscious, fully grown...god, the Covenant crew don't stand a chance!

I should add that both wee Neos appear within minutes of one another and because of their unexpected arrival and the speed of the unfolding events, they cause total confusion and chaos, the crew are left reeling and helpless. Add to that the shuttle explosion and it's a major trauma!

I might be nuts, but it appeared to me that both Neos grow as they are in the process of bursting out, [I'm talking rapid growth].

I'm not certain about this by any means, but my guess would be that it was the Backburster which grows into the large mouthed Neo, as it appeared to have that same bluish translucent tone to it's skin, whilst the Throatburster appeared to have the pale, cream translucent tone once it grew.

Jim Pills

May-01-2017 1:42 AM

Lone did the footage show how the second (throatbuster) came about?

Just a yes or no thanks.

Lone

May-01-2017 1:58 AM

EDIT: Ahh misread you question, no actually we get no inkling as to how the Throatburster comes about.

Lone

May-01-2017 1:59 AM

SORRY Jim never noticed the yes or no in your post when I first read it!

Lone

May-01-2017 2:00 AM

...and happy birthday Burke, Carter J when it arrives!

Hope you have a terrific experience with A L I E N: COVENANT!

Jim Pills

May-01-2017 2:50 AM

Lone, I realised my question wasn't specific enough.

We know from spoilers how the backburster comes about, did the throatburster come about by the same method i.e., via spores.

Interestingly I'm not a spoiler free zone(no harm done), but just asked for yes or no in case other lurkers might not wish to have the origin revealed.

Oh and the birthday was for @Carter Burke not me, I've already had mine this year;)

Thanks for the info though..

Lone

May-01-2017 2:59 AM

Yeah I have amended my reply, just finished a run of nightshifts and I think my concentration and cognitive skills are blown! :)

We are given no idea about the method of infection for the Throatburster.

Toni1978

May-01-2017 3:35 AM

Seeing these new photos makes me even excited about the movie! I as well will not be sharing these photos.

Jim Pills

May-01-2017 3:40 AM

Lone having nightshifts myself I know how wonky things can get! But thanks for the replies:)

Resurgence

May-01-2017 3:55 AM

JESUS THAT LOOKS BRUTAL, just the way I like my alien movies.

Burke, Carter J.

May-01-2017 4:21 AM

Thanks Lone, I'm gonna have a great Time with this on the big screen!

LadyStardust

May-01-2017 5:38 AM

Well, it seems that Sir Ridley was not kidding when he said: "They want aliens, I'll give them f* aliens”. But I can't get myself out of the impression that these scenes are just the icing on the cake. Otherwise, Fox and Sir Ridley wouldn't have given them away so easily.

Dsparil

May-01-2017 5:52 AM

Was this the 5.1.17 surprise?

tyler

May-01-2017 7:04 AM

Saw the whole movie last week.

I couldn't wait to see other's reactions.

Movie was great, felt a little predictable like you know what was going to happen because of everything that had been released, but other wise awesome characters, shots, and great story.

Can't wait for the the full release to talk about the next movie =)

Dsparil

May-01-2017 8:33 AM

ilikealien did Shaw survive? ;)

royhotrodz

May-01-2017 5:15 PM

*Spoiler*

The footage..not best quality, no sound.  enjoy!

thg

May-01-2017 9:57 PM

I made this gif:

Roger55

May-01-2017 10:05 PM

Spoiler (neo escapes the lander)

bullets seem to bounce off inside the body of the backburster. concerning to 10m footage, I've seen Faris' shooting against the creature, look like if they did not hurt him, or am I wrong?

royhotrodz

May-02-2017 6:10 AM

You can clearly see it escape the lander and bullets were like bouncing off.  If you look close, they have acid for blood.  In one shot the acid seem to short circuit the lander?

Capt Torgo

May-02-2017 6:52 AM

How that critter is that size coming out dudes back is a bit of a stretch for me. Love ridleys angle for trying to scare us but alien1 burster was more realistic. Super excited though. Look on my works ye fans and adore!

Nofacewilly

May-02-2017 7:18 AM

I had to watch an hour of pimple popping YouTube videos to calm me down. It worked.

Nofacewilly

May-02-2017 7:20 AM

They should call the next movie alien spoilers

Rick

May-02-2017 2:29 PM

Ok, you guys are going to laugh.  If you look through the still they had to cargo strap the dumby to the table to keep it from flipping over off the table.  I bet 5USD they had to do a couple takes because of this issue until they did the cargo straps.

Thats kind of an odd thing to not air brush out

MrJonesy

May-02-2017 2:35 PM

This looks fkn brutal!

MrJonesy

May-02-2017 2:40 PM

Rick, maybe they strap the guy down in the scene to stop him convulsing too violently, or maybe will remove straps before official release. Nice spot though!

Rick

May-02-2017 3:09 PM

I was skimming thru the images.  I've seen the 10 minutes of extra footage.  He wasn't strapped down that I recall in the preview then when I saw that I was like erm wtf is that around his thighs.

May-02-2017 9:24 PM

That GIF is nasty... indeed the footage was relentless and awesome! Nice spot there too, Rick! Haha, I definitely agree they would've needed to strap the dummy in, since the upper torso would have slid off the table without it - given how much of it went over the edge of it.

Dorian Gray

May-02-2017 10:53 PM

Three days now and still no C&D from Fox...they WANTED this to get out.

metalos

May-03-2017 2:37 PM

I'm just wondering about the throatburster. When they first showed these sequences for an audience, there were no recording of it but they described it a bit gorier, like the crewmember's head totally blown away. Don't get me wrong the scene is brutal this way too. The acting before the bursting is totally creepy and intense. The backbursting too.

LH31

May-04-2017 4:59 AM

I suspect the final cut will be more detailed than the 10 min preview hence the lack of restrictions on trying to pull it

May-06-2017 7:46 AM

Apparently the Final Cut will have some more work done to it compared to earlier shots released so maybe this will be airbrushed out so to speak.

This Footage was shown at Alien Day, which i kind of wish i went to now :(

As far as the Scene, well either Faris is a bad shot, but it seemed to me the Neomorph took a few hits with no damage.

I wonder if Ridley is going the route that these Organisms are pretty much very hard to wound, and not easy to kill like in Aliens and Alien R.

Also the Rapid Growth may not apply to just the Neomorphs no more... so its maybe David Perfecting the Original Xenomorph.

Or that from now on the Xenomorph Life Cycle is more rapid and Kanes Scene will have to be explained by while he was in that Med-bay Pod it must have had some kind of Cryo-stasis effect on the Organism.

Add A Reply

Alien Day 2019
New Alien: Covenant Forum Topics
Latest Alien Fandom Activity

Alien: Covenant is a sequel to 2012's Prometheus as well as a prequel to 1979's ALIEN. Alien fans looking to know more about Alien: Covenant should check back often. Alien-Covenant.com is an information resource for film enthusiasts looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Alien: Covenant. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Alien: Covenant, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Alien & Predator Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Alien and Prometheus looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Alien: Covenant, Prometheus and its associated names, logos and images are property of 20th Century Fox and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Alien: Covenant's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.

Scified is an entertainment media network covering the latest news on the most popular, upcoming science fiction movies, games and television. All content is property of Scified.com unless otherwise stated. Images and names of content we promote, discuss, review or report are property of their respective owners. Scified is independantly owned and operated by a team of dedicated sci-fi movie fans, who strive to provide the best information and community experience for other like-minded sci-fi movie enthusiasts.