Trending Articles
New / Upcoming Alien Titles
Upcoming Alien Titles
Alien Movies
Alien Movies
Featured Content
Scified Network
(UPDATED 4) Dane Hallett shares breathtaking Alien 40th anniversary poster!

(UPDATED 4) Dane Hallett shares breathtaking Alien 40th anniversary poster!

Scified2019-03-30 19:36:34https://www.scified.com/articles/dane-hallett-shares-breathtaking-alien-40th-anniversary-poster-67.jpg
Scified
13,199 Reads3 Upvotes26 CommentsAdd A Comment+ Upvote

If you've been following this website for any significant length of time, you'll be very familiar with Dane Hallett, he's one of the concept artists who worked on Alien: Covenant and his work is legendary. He's also provided concept work for other films such as Pacific Rim: Uprising and Aquaman. I got to meet him personally at the Alien: Covenant premiere in London back I'm 2017 and the man is an absolute gem and a genuine Alien fan through and through. To celebrate Alien's 40th anniversary, Dane has released a breathtaking new Alien poster, completely his own work. This is one of many exclusive Alien pieces he will be sharing in the coming weeks as we lead up to Alien Day (April 26th). If you follow his Facebook page you will have a chance at snagging some of these works while they're available, but you'll have to be quick! We will of course promote them here, but if you wish to download a lossless quality version for printing, you will need to follow the links Dane provides.

2019 marks the 40yr anniversary of Alien first gracing the silver screen. As such, I've been invited to contribute to a few cool projects here and there (one for the good folks over at Titan Publishing again - but you'll have to wait until they're ready to reveal exactly what).

Producing all these paintings put me in the mood to organise a little something to thank you guys for your support and so in the weeks leading up to 'Alien day', I'll post links to a limited collection of free, high resolution, alternate Alien poster image files I produced for you to download and use as you wish.
They are yours to share, download, print and enjoy - just do me the honour of crediting me for my work where possible.

Each link will be posted randomly and only be active for a few hours, so watch this space and be quick!

These are massive files, finished to the same level I would if I was submitting them to a studio/agency. Both lossless TIFFs and hi-res JPGs will be included at sizes big enough to be printed at A0 and still retain perfect quality.

If I ever see you, I'll gladly sign/deface them but unfortunately, my life is a little too hectic to accommodate any kind of postage requests, so please don't ask.

Disclaimer - If you try to sell them, Disney/Fox are pretty hard on those unlawfully profiting from their franchises (personally, I don't care) so **beware**!!!

From the bottom of my chest bursting heart, thanks for the support!

UPDATE: A second poster was released today (April 1st, 2019).

UPDATE #2:

UPDATE: The final poster for this series was revealed today on April 24th:

We're big supporters of Dane and his work and we hope many of you reading will get a chance to obtain some of his works for yourself! In the meantime, check back for more updates as we get closer to Alien Day 2019!

Written by ChrisPublished on 2019-03-30 19:36:34

Related Alien: Covenant Articles
26 Fan responses to (UPDATED 4) Dane Hallett shares breathtaking Alien 40th anniversary poster!

daliens

Mar-30-2019 8:22 PM

I missed this one.

dk

Mar-31-2019 1:09 AM

Thanks, but at this point, I want to see Scott Free back Alien- The Play. It couldn't be done in time, but I would hold out for that. Posters are cool enough I suppose but......

That said, what should we expect for a 50th Anniversary?

123Engineer

Mar-31-2019 4:18 AM

What a shame. I cannot download this poster anymore...

Is there still a possibility to get this??

Mar-31-2019 9:56 AM

I will find out...

Mar-31-2019 5:05 PM

This is a Nice Poster.....

I wonder what he means  by his comment regarding Titan Publishing?  Can we expect some Novel/Book by Titan on Alien Day?

Time will tell ;)

daliens

Apr-01-2019 7:49 AM

You got me, Chris!

daliens

Apr-01-2019 7:50 AM

That was better than last year, really.

123Engineer

Apr-02-2019 1:06 AM

@Chris

I would be very thankful. By the way, at the moment there is one for download.

@BigDave

It seems like. Hopefully another Art Book.

Apr-03-2019 2:58 PM

Who knows what kind of Project it would be...

I dont think Hallett works a lot as far as Comics go, i feel he does a lot of Concept Work, but his comments seem to indicate to me that he has been doing some work for a Titan Books Project that means he would be having at least ONE but maybe more of his work appearing in this Book/Project.

It does-not seem like its Work he had done previously for any kind of Story they had been working on behind the scenes...

So it seems more like its work for a Book that had been in the Process of being worked on.

So i think it could be a series of Novels for which he has worked on the Cover-work (other Illustrations inside).  Or maybe Titan are working on a Similar Book to a ALIEN Encyclopedia or similar.

So maybe a Updated Alien The Weyland-Yutani Report

I think ALIEN Day will give us a indication to what this Project is.

I Raptus

Apr-05-2019 5:02 PM

Can someone please just Dane Hallett the keys to the Creative Design for all future Alien works. His work is deadset mint!

daliens

Apr-08-2019 2:01 PM

A new poster is available and still good for download. Grab it fast, unfortunately I can't due to its size (303 mb).

I Raptus

Apr-08-2019 11:11 PM

Thanks daliens!! Got it, finally :)

daliens

Apr-09-2019 12:09 AM

I'm glad you did, I Raptus

This one:

daliens

Apr-09-2019 12:14 AM

It's still there, if anyone interested, superb and wall sized.

daliens

Apr-09-2019 12:15 AM

Thanks Dane Hallett!

daliens

Apr-15-2019 6:56 PM

Another gorgeous poster from Dane Hallett is available for download now (300.2 mb).

Here. Hurry up!

daliens

Apr-15-2019 9:52 PM

This poster might be the last one, so don't forget to say thanks to Mr. Dane Hallett for his generosity.

Apr-24-2019 5:15 AM

Dane just uploaded the final poster and it's a beauty:

I was fortunate enough to snag all of these except the very first one.

Apr-24-2019 4:18 PM

I certainly hope the Franchise is NOT canned... as far as another Movie or even TV Series...  because the Franchise provides a avenue for such Talented Artist like Dane to produce such Wonders like this.

The Franchise will always be able to release Games, T-Shirts other Merchandise, Novels and maybe Encyclopedia Books (WY Report) and i think Disney should consider Dane Hallets contribution and talent and HIRE him to do stuff like Covers, Art-work etc for Future Franchise Products.

Thank You Dane Hallet...  Happy Alien Day

daliens

Apr-26-2019 8:34 AM

I believe this is the book mentioned by Dane Hallett in his post:

Available October 10, 2019.

Ingeniero

Apr-26-2019 9:15 AM

The poster is epic. Thank you Dane Hallett.

daliens

Apr-26-2019 4:43 PM

Dane Hallett posted a link active for 48 hours for all 5 posters in high res glory. It all comes as a bundle of 1 Gb.

Here's the link.

Password: USCSS NOSTROMO

Don't forget to say thanks to Dane Hallett.

I Raptus

Apr-26-2019 10:20 PM

Thanks again daliens, got it!! You're a Legend!

I Raptus

Apr-26-2019 10:24 PM

1.3 gig! Fark! i could get this printed large enough to cover the whole side of my works building......

I might just do that too

Add A Reply

Alien Day 2019
New Alien: Covenant Forum Topics
Latest Alien Fandom Activity

Alien: Covenant is a sequel to 2012's Prometheus as well as a prequel to 1979's ALIEN. Alien fans looking to know more about Alien: Covenant should check back often. Alien-Covenant.com is an information resource for film enthusiasts looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Alien: Covenant. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Alien: Covenant, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Alien & Predator Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Alien and Prometheus looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Alien: Covenant, Prometheus and its associated names, logos and images are property of 20th Century Fox and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Alien: Covenant's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.

Scified is an entertainment media network covering the latest news on the most popular, upcoming science fiction movies, games and television. All content is property of Scified.com unless otherwise stated. Images and names of content we promote, discuss, review or report are property of their respective owners. Scified is independantly owned and operated by a team of dedicated sci-fi movie fans, who strive to provide the best information and community experience for other like-minded sci-fi movie enthusiasts.